PC interfact to control sony reciever

R

robdes

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have put my entire CD collection on my pc which is connected to my sony STR-DE935.

I am trying to find a PC based program that can 'talk' to the receiver so that i can control the volume soundfield etc from the PC while I am selecting my music.

Any ideas on this, other recievers that might support something like this?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>There are a number of ways to accomplish your goal. &nbsp;

Probably the easiest is to use a Soundblaster Extagy. &nbsp;This box connects to the PC via a USB cable, and provides inputs and outputs for both digital and analog signals. &nbsp;The unit also accepts commands from the inculded remote control, or your learning remote. &nbsp;You can set the box on top of your receiver, and use a long USB cable to connect to your PC, then use the remove to control the volume of the Extagy. &nbsp;It's not the same thing as controling the Sony volume directly, but it's easy to connect up, and will accomplish what you're trying to do.

Another option might be (I haven't tried this, so I'm unsure of compatability) the &quot;Slink-e,&quot; which provides Sony compatable &quot;s&quot; control signals (in and out), as well as IR in and out for remote control of the audio gear from the PC, and vice versa. &nbsp;You can find a little more about the Slink-e at http://www.smarthome.com/1331.html.

Hope this helps,

Chuck</font>

R

robdes

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks,

I have looked at Extigy and other similar products they are close but what I am really after is a PC interface that allows me to control features of the reciever like audio source, sound field etc.

The closest I have seen is the Yamaha CAVIT system, unfortunately it doesn not support multiple speakers (A/B).

Thanks.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>robdes,

check out the slink-e. It does exactly what you want to do and then some. Unfortunately, it is quite expensive. (www.nirvis.com)

You can get about $50 off the price by joining the AVSforum (www.avsforum.com) slink-e developers group, and purchasing one at a discounted price that they have arranged with nirvis.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis