patio system receiver advice 6 speakers

P

pberm1962

Enthusiast
i picked out 6 Polk Audio RC65i 2-Way In-Wall Speakers for the eaves of my outdoor patio, i have a thread going in these forums concerning the speakers. the speakers will be spread out evenly over a 24 by 28 foot area.they are 8 ohm speakers. i need a receiver to drive these 3 sets of speakers.we dont need surround sound ,strictly a receiver amp that will play our music. i havent been able to find a receiver that has an A B and C speaker output. is there one. will i need to buy a speaker selector switch and wire it to the A speaker output. if i need to get a seperate amp i am open to that. do i need to worry about impedence matching for the 8 ohm speakers. i have been out of the audio hobby for a long time so any advice is great. i am leaning toward a powered subwoofer as well.cost isnt really an issue but i dont want to be in the thousands of dollars

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

i need a receiver to drive these 3 sets of speakers.we dont need surround sound ,strictly a receiver amp that will play our music. i havent been able to find a receiver that has an A B and C speaker output.
Assuming the receiver you’re talking about will be dedicated to the patio system, as your post implies, I’d suggest getting a 7.1 channel receiver that has a “7-Channel Stereo” mode. That would make the four back channel speakers play the same thing as the front left and right.

If that doesn’t work you’ll probably have to get a multi-channel amplifier from someone like Home Theater Direct.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

P

pberm1962

Enthusiast
thank you i will look into a 7.1 ch receiver with 7 ch stereo mode. that would be what i want

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis