Passive or Active Cabinets

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I find the cabinet somehow expensive. That's a simple ducted box, not a transmission line or a complex horn like the Klipsch.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My initial impression also, even considering that it's assembled and possibly finished and freight included....wonder how much a flatpack would be instead. Still, you could build your own for the driver....but as a simple turnkey kinda setup it has its attraction I suppose.

I find the cabinet somehow expensive. That's a simple ducted box, not a transmission line or a complex horn like the Klipsch.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
For the price and 150# cabinet well constructed, including DSP file from Mark, its seems decent for those that cant build but want semi dyi. With the 21" drivers, as you can see from Josh's review, the final product is a beast of a sub system.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
I like the idea of passive cabs because you are not limited to placing the near a power source. (i.e. the length of the power cable.)

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis