Part needed for Yamaha YSP 1 Soundbar

W

willmo

Audiophyte
Hello, My soundbar is malfunctioning (no sound) and I've been advised that I need the following part: DSP Board Part Number WE218400 SKU WE218400-YAM-N-13. Yamaha no longer supports this product. I am wondering if anyone knows of a possible supplier? Thank you very much.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Not available for order at Yamaha 24x7.

Found this parts vendor though. Unknown whether they just order from Yamaha and resell the part. Might be worth emailing them and asking whether ordering would be worthwhile.

Found this UK parts vendor. £536.04 is awfully steep, though.

Depending on what's fried, your existing board might be repairable by an expert. Near where I live, there's a mobile phone repair shop that can replace resistors, caps, diodes, whatever simple components are fried. They work on game consoles, laptops, and pretty much anything with a PCB. Maybe you've got such an electronics wizard in your area? As long as it's not a processor or EEPROM or similar more proprietary component that's fried, your board might be repairable.

Last edited:
W

willmo

Audiophyte
Hi Rojo, thank you very much for the reply. Part Simple no longer carries or has access to this part. Yes, that UK parts vendor is out of my price range. I will check with a couple of the local mobile phone repair shops and electronics wizards in the area.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis