Parasound A23+ vs. Emotiva XPA-DR2

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I had a 1.5 farad cap in the line with my system to "stiffen" it up, but multiple batteries is definitely the way to go.
The tech seminars I attended when I did car audio showed the difference between caps and batteries by connecting a light bulb, which would take a few seconds to go out with the cap, but would stay lit indefinitely with the battery. Sure, a cap can recharge but....

They also showed the voltage on a scope with a cap vs a battery- it was more constant under load with the battery.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I had a 1.5 farad cap in the line with my system to "stiffen" it up, but multiple batteries is definitely the way to go.
When I was into car audio I eventually ended up running a supplemental yellow top battery and a 1 farad cap as well as a hi output alternator. Never had an issue with running out of juice or my lights dimming after that.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
We know ATI made some amps for Levinson. :D

@M Code might know who makes Levinson amps these days.
Correcto.... :cool::cool:
Previously ATI did build some amplifiers for Levinson, but about 7 years backHarman created a dedicated R&D center in Connecticut just for Levinson. And assembly is done in a small subcontractor factory near Boston. Note that the only reason Harman continues the Levinson brand, is to support its brand image for products sold to the 12V OE guys like Lexus. Note that 55% of Harman's total sales are to 12V OE automotive brands but... Provides 80% of their bottom-line profits. In the future this may change with Harman's purchase of Arcam, but then again Arcam's capacity is fully booked just doing the preamp/processors for Lexicon/JBL...

Just my $0.02.. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis