Parametric EQ suggestions?

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>Looking to put the icing on the cake of my DIY speakers with some EQ to smooth out the bass response in particular. I've fixed the worst peaks and dips with placement (and it helped a lot), now I want that creamy smo-o-o-o-oth response!

I'm only aware of the pro Behringer unit (it's mono only, right?) and the price/quality both look good even if I do need two. Just wondering what else is out there, especially for home use. Graphic units seem more common but the opinion of people I respect is that parametric is the way to go.

I realize there's a learning curve. Hey, that's part of the fun.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>The DSP-1124P is a stereo unit, and very good for subwoofer use. &nbsp;I'm not sure whether you'd want to use it on a full range speaker- I'll concede I've never tried it with mine.</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>Thanks, Rob, I didn't see that unit. I was talking about the PEQ220, which seems to be mono and $99 ea. At $149 your suggestion would be a good deal!

Although my speakers are full range, it's the bass below about 200 hz I want to concentrate on &amp; smooth out some room node humps. And when I do add a sub, as I inevitably will...</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>I'm not positive, but I think the PEQ220 might be analog, just can't recall. &nbsp;The downside of that unit is the lack of ability to store preset programs; the 1124 lets you store ten or twelve complete multiband response curves in memory. &nbsp;You can call 'em up with one turn of a dial. &nbsp;That's really cool. &nbsp;For instance, you can have one EQ setting for movies, one for rock, and yet another for jazz or classical music. &nbsp;Very slick.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis