Paradigm's finally let loose

C

cownd

Junior Audioholic
No, I'm not talking about some flesh eating species let into the wild, just my speakers...

I've been told that the break-in period for some paradigm speakers can be as long as 40-50 hours of playing. I can now vouch for this time myself. I thought out-of-the-box these were very impressive, but God do they ever sound amazing now. What has my jaw dropping the most is the pw2200 sub(v.2), I used to sit in awe as this sub shook my house and contents withing it during intense DVD scenes, now I get into gigle fits and even worry if my house can survive the onslaught. This sub is incredible now.

Moral of this story - give your speakers "time" to truly shine.

Ya I no - It sounds like I'm being sponsored - so be it. ;)

Question - Do people who review speakers give each brand the required break-in time?

N

nelson57

Enthusiast
Hey cownd, glad you are enjoying your system. You mention something that I was curious about myself. I have heard of break-in periods for speakers, but didn'r know if that applied to subs as well. I guess from your comments it does.

I just got an SVS PB10-ISD, and love it, So I guess the best is yet to come.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Do people who review speakers give each brand the required break-in time?
The reality is only the woofers/midrange require some break in time which varies based on the actual design. Typically 10-20hrs of playback will do it or a few weeks depending on how often you listen.

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
"The reality is only the woofers/midrange require some break in time which varies based on the actual design. Typically 10-20hrs of playback will do it or a few weeks depending on how often you listen."

Did this answer the question? :confused:

J

jimmit

Junior Audioholic
I don't know about all reviewers but in many of the professional speaker reveiws I've read, the reviewer claimed to have given the speakers some "break in" time prior to beginning the review.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
At what level would be considered proper to break in speakers? All last week I would leave my receiver on Tuner and left it around -60db for 7 hours or so each day, on classical music. I figure by now my 2 fronts have worked themselves in decently enough...

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
ducker said:
At what level would be considered proper to break in speakers? All last week I would leave my receiver on Tuner and left it around -60db for 7 hours or so each day, on classical music. I figure by now my 2 fronts have worked themselves in decently enough...
I believe the idea is that they have to move. I don't think -60 will do the trick. But, I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy it as they get better. No need to leave the system on while you are gone, unless your pets like it. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis