Paradigm unleashes a 289 lb monster

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Seems gimmicky to me. 6 10" drivers? I doubt 10hz is going to be pretty at that size.

for 7500 you can get a couple Seaton's.
Have you heard them play or is this just an uneducated guess on your part? ;)

Paradigm isn't what I call a gimicky company. From the review it would appear that this sub is a very smooth and powerful sub capable of prodigous bass output without any slop. It seems to be on par to their reference $12000 sub. Each driver is substantial "Each driver has a ten-layer voice coil, a diecast chassis, and a 12.6-pound magnet/motor assembly. The cones are made from mineral-filled copolymer polypropylene and have dual spiders. "

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
289lbs :eek:. Given the shape that makes it even more awkward. Very few have any idea how that much weight feels. I can deadlift nearly twice that much, so I have a real good idea, but my point being if you don't have a couple of friends with a hand truck, then you prob should pass because you're simply not going to b able to move it without damage. To the sub, and to yourself.

DJ

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
289lbs :eek:. Given the shape that makes it even more awkward. Very few have any idea how that much weight feels. I can deadlift nearly twice that much, so I have a real good idea, but my point being if you don't have a couple of friends with a hand truck, then you prob should pass because you're simply not going to b able to move it without damage. To the sub, and to yourself.

DJ
Passing on price yes..passing on weight, definately not. Where there's a will there's away and its nothing a few cheap physic tricks can do to help maneuver the sub. ;)

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Passing on price yes..passing on weight, definately not. Where there's a will there's away and its nothing a few cheap physic tricks can do to help maneuver the sub. ;)
Tru....and not so cheap chiropractic tricks to maneuver your lumbar back in place. :D

DJ

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
For a fraction o fthe price of the speaker, I can get hirelings and a rented hand-truck... or maybe some guy that can dead life 500+lbs (very impressive BTW).

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
For a fraction o fthe price of the speaker, I can get hirelings and a rented hand-truck... or maybe some guy that can dead life 500+lbs (very impressive BTW).
Tru. If you can afford to buy one of these then you can afford someone to pick it up for you.

Thanks. Picking up heavy stuff is one of the other stupid things I do.

DJ

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Please move this post nder yours. Its got a review on it from the Soundstage Network.

Its an expensive monster but is capable of 10 HZ at 97db..

http://www.soundstage.com/equipment/paradigm_sub2.htm
LOL. Wait until you see what kind of performance Paradigm Dog get's from his AXIS 15" in the new ported cabinet I designed for him. In room SPL at 13 Hz should be around 117-120dB. At 20Hz, 130dB in room should be possible. All with low distortion.....

I don't know if he will show his cabinet schematics on here, but maybe he will. I put a lot of effort into designing the perfect cabinet for him. But he owns the design (that he paid me to produce) so he has to post it; I can not.

-Chris

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
LOL. Wait until you see what kind of performance Paradigm Dog get's from his AXIS 15" in the new ported cabinet I designed for him. In room SPL at 13 Hz should be around 117-120dB. At 20Hz, 130dB in room should be possible. All with low distortion.....

I don't know if he will show his cabinet schematics on here, but maybe he will. I put a lot of effort into designing the perfect cabinet for him. But he owns the design (that he paid me to produce) so he has to post it; I can not.

-Chris
I may be involved in the construction of that cabinet when the time comes. I'd offer to help build it for him, but I lack the space.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I may be involved in the construction of that cabinet when the time comes. I'd offer to help build it for him, but I lack the space.
Hell, I'd b willing to make the drive up to witness this, and offer my services for any heavy lifting that might b needed.

DJ

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Have you heard them play or is this just an uneducated guess on your part? ;)

Paradigm isn't what I call a gimicky company. From the review it would appear that this sub is a very smooth and powerful sub capable of prodigous bass output without any slop. It seems to be on par to their reference $12000 sub. Each driver is substantial "Each driver has a ten-layer voice coil, a diecast chassis, and a 12.6-pound magnet/motor assembly. The cones are made from mineral-filled copolymer polypropylene and have dual spiders. "
Yeah.... 3000 sustained watts from a 120v line capable of 1800 watts maximum, with 100% efficiency.

It's been a while since I pissed someone off, so to add a cherry on the top, PSB sucks.

SheepStar

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah.... 3000 sustained watts from a 120v line capable of 1800 watts maximum, with 100% efficiency.

It's been a while since I pissed someone off, so to add a cherry on the top, PSB sucks.

SheepStar
1800 watts max based on a 15 amp circuit.. sure.. but a sub like this is most likely going to be used in a special a/v room with a dedicated upgraded service rather than a typical 15 amp service. :rolleyes:

Your attempt to piss me off didn't work BTW..thought I'd share that lil secret with you.. ;)

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I had this thing all ready to roll at the beginning of the summer but then the wife's pool got in the way and ate up almost all of my money.

I will set a new target for completion, maybe shoot for building it before next summer. I am dying to see what it will do.

I am not releasing the plans on the forum. I want to be the first one that owns this sub. After I have built it, I may release it but not before then.

-Chris

jinjuku

jinjuku

I had this thing all ready to roll at the beginning of the summer but then the wife's pool got in the way and ate up almost all of my money.

I will set a new target for completion, maybe shoot for building it before next summer. I am dying to see what it will do.

I am not releasing the plans on the forum. I want to be the first one that owns this sub. After I have built it, I may release it but not before then.
LOL, with 130dB output at 20Hz you will need to include the plans in your last will and testimony.

That is just inhuman.

jinjuku

jinjuku

-Chris
Hi Chris,

I have an AXIS 15". What would it cost for the plans for ~120dB at 15hz:D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
yeah that part sucks :(
If you want free help I can cook up something. It may not be Wmax's design, but it wouldn't be too shabby. Just be prepared for a pretty large box.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis