Paradigm Titan v1 still up to scratch?

A

audiox

Audiophyte
Hi everyone! I'll start by saying that im new here, and english isn't my main language so I apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. I'll do my best however.

To the topic at hand: I've got a pair or Paradigm Titan's v1, currently set up as surrounds in my system.
They work great still, no sign of needing any repairs.
I know this question might be hard to get an answer to, but how good are they in today's standards?
I've been thinking of keeping them as surrounds since they are rather old, and buy a pair of new mains (Dali zensor 3, monitor audio bronze 2 etc.)
But is it worth it?
How much more "sound" would I get out of it?
I know speakers have evolved plenty over the last 20 years or so, but should I turn the Titans into mains and buy less expensive (less hifi) surrounds? Or buy new mains and keep them as surrounds?

Current mains are full towers set to small, (Dynavoice challenger m-65 ex) nothing special really..
Sub: Yamaha NS SW200
Reciever: Yamaha rx-v481
No center speaker atm, will propably depend on what mains I'll be using.

I'd love your opinion on this.

Best regards!

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hi everyone! I'll start by saying that im new here, and english isn't my main language so I apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. I'll do my best however.

To the topic at hand: I've got a pair or Paradigm Titan's v1, currently set up as surrounds in my system.
They work great still, no sign of needing any repairs.
I know this question might be hard to get an answer to, but how good are they in today's standards?
I've been thinking of keeping them as surrounds since they are rather old, and buy a pair of new mains (Dali zensor 3, monitor audio bronze 2 etc.)
But is it worth it?
How much more "sound" would I get out of it?
I know speakers have evolved plenty over the last 20 years or so, but should I turn the Titans into mains and buy less expensive (less hifi) surrounds? Or buy new mains and keep them as surrounds?

Current mains are full towers set to small, (Dynavoice challenger m-65 ex) nothing special really..
Sub: Yamaha NS SW200
Reciever: Yamaha rx-v481
No center speaker atm, will propably depend on what mains I'll be using.

I'd love your opinion on this.

Best regards!
My first question would be why are you wanting to buy new speakers?

If you are simply looking to upgrade, or improve the sound quality, I would say get new mains and keep the Atomsv1 as surrounds.

But, don't equate new with better. From my experience, if you want to improve sound quality you need better speakers not just newer speakers. Better drivers, better crossovers, better cabinets...then would will feel like your investment was worthwhile.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I owned Titan v1, v2, v3. In their price category, there are some speakers today that are better, but for the most part I'd say the v1s will still hold their own. As mains I'd say upgrade. As surrounds, I don't think upgrading would make a huge difference over them unless you're going to spend a fair amount; at which point that money is better put where more bang for your buck would be realized and that would be the front stage.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis