Paradigm Sub 12 problem

04rex

Audioholic Intern
Hello, i recently got a Sub 12 with the Perfect bass kit. I ran the PBK, and everything went fine. However, i dont notice much bass at all. My last sub was a velodyne 10" with like ALOT less power and it seemed better. Can anyone help me out? As an example, i was watching U-571, and the scene near the end with all the explosion under water, i wasnt impressed at all. Actually very upset. There seemed to be no bass.

In case it matters, i did use my Yamaha's YPAO system after the PBK was done. I dont know if that effected anything. I can post the PBK diagram, but i dont know how to.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello, i recently got a Sub 12 with the Perfect bass kit. I ran the PBK, and everything went fine. However, i dont notice much bass at all. My last sub was a velodyne 10" with like ALOT less power and it seemed better. Can anyone help me out? As an example, i was watching U-571, and the scene near the end with all the explosion under water, i wasnt impressed at all. Actually very upset. There seemed to be no bass.

In case it matters, i did use my Yamaha's YPAO system after the PBK was done. I dont know if that effected anything. I can post the PBK diagram, but i dont know how to.

your sub, bypass it.

See how you get on.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks
I don't think you can run one Eq on top of another. I would choose one or none but not two.

I always do a set up be ear first. Then I use my studio mics, you could use an spl meter but it won't be accurate in the bass.

I usually am within a db or two of measured by ear alone.

After that I run an auto Eq. If there is a big discrepancy with the auto Eq my tendency is to over ride the latter.

Do not use the crossover on your sub, bypass it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The reality is, your old sub was likely inaccurate. What you may be hearing is what clean bass sounds like. As noted, you probably shouldn't have run ypao after using their dsp. You need to adjust the level of the sub so it is close to where you want it first, then run the dsp.

04rex

Audioholic Intern
So, in what order should i run the PBK and YPAO? I will be getting an Anthem receiver shortly, so in what order should i run ARC and the PBK as well?? or do they do the same thing?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So, in what order should i run the PBK and YPAO? I will be getting an Anthem receiver shortly, so in what order should i run ARC and the PBK as well?? or do they do the same thing?
You don't run both. Run one or none, never both.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Run YPAO without the sub, then turn the sub on and run the PBK. You'll have to set the level yourself. Does their PBK give you any kind of display or does it just do its thing?

04rex

Audioholic Intern
just does its thing. I will try disconnecting the sub when doing ypao the. I guess as long as the crossover is set to 80, then it should be good. i will give it a try.

A

aces high

Enthusiast
Go into the advanced settings of the PBK and change the high pass filter from Auto to Flat. This should give you better low end extension.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis