Paradigm Studio 60 v.2 vs Monitor Audio BX5

S

Steve.vt

Audiophyte
Looking at these two used speakers. I realize that the Studio series are generally higher grade, at least the v5 is, but wondering how the v2 might compare to the BX5. Room is 15 ft x 40 ft (include kitchen and dining, but most listening would be at one end where speakers are). Powered by Yamaha RXA730 receiver. Listen mostly to folk at low-moderate volume. Any help/opinions appreciated as I'm unable to listen to both.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Paradigm will have better finish, but MA BX5's sound should be a bit more neutral and a tad easier to power - means in your large room, your 95wpc avr will struggle less if you ever crank it up at the party with a lot of people.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Will you be using a subwoofer? If not the Paradigm should offer more extension. The V2 Studios are outstanding speakers even by today's standards. I have not heard the Monitor Audio BX5.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Studios tended to be pretty power hungry (or rather, work better when a lot of power is thrown at them). I found them to be fatiguing in long listening sessions, but fine for general level listening.

I agree with BSA, the MAs will be a bit more neutral with the v2 Studios being more bright at the top end IMO.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I wouldn't go below the Silver series so I would go with the Studios V2 assuming they are in similar conditions. The Studios will have better bass response for sure.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis