Paradigm SHIFT Earbuds Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Given the wide variety of offerings on the market, we might have expected Paradigm to lean on their name and fans to sell much higher priced offerings. Even at double the price, we could see the Paradigm SHIFT earbuds selling. At these price points, and with this level of performance, the Paradigm SHIFT earbuds are sure to be a hit. If you are looking for a pair of earbuds, you'd be crazy not to put these on your short list.

Discuss "Paradigm SHIFT Earbuds Preview" here. Read the article.

G

golfermafia

Audiophyte
I have been using the E3m for about 3 weeks now. I love them. Perfect bass response, nice highs, and an actual midrange sound. I find myself making excuses to listen to music, which is always a good sign with a new toy. They have a nice high end feel, and the non rubber, almost cloth like coating to the cords is a really nice touch.

I typically have a hard time finding earbuds that want to stay put but I can run on the treadmill, and complete my workouts without having to worry.

These replaced a pair of sony earbuds, i forget the model number, but they cost me about $100 5 years ago. I thought I liked those, until I heard these. Not exactly a fair comparison as its 5 years newer technology.

5/5 value
4.5/5 performance
5/5 fit and finish

B1-66ER

B1-66ER

Audioholic Intern
SOOOOO happy about this. Paradigm, while not the best of the best, are standout, EXEMPLARY even, of an audio manufacturer. I have no doubt these, depending on which version you buy, will be as incredible as anything in their line. That is what positive production and marketing will give you. Klipsch, are you listening? (sorry, I love Klipsch, using them current as front stages.

T

Tumara Baap

Enthusiast
There is absolutely no reason for ear buds to be tuned like passive consumer loudspeakers. Spatial limitations and unique challenges like ear canal resonances notwithstanding, a much higher degree of fidelity is within reach of high-end headphones/earphones. In terms of distortion and frequency response anomalies, passive loudspeakers are the most egregious offenders in the audio chain. There are exceptions such as the most expensive fare from Revel and Paradigm itself. But then it is misleading to speak of them as "tuned". They simply exhibit a ruler flat amplitude response with little compromised in power response. It's only this top-tier neutral playback that a respectable headphone should emulate. Everything else is marketing baloney.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis