Paradigm Reference Servo 15 subwoofers

G

George

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I have a pair of these beauties, and boy do they rock. I have a query though, which is still unanswered.
My receiver only has one sub out.
1. If I were to use a signal splitter, to obtain two signals, would it affect the signal adversely?
2. I am using the X 30 external crossover unit from Paradigm. It has one input, and two outputs. Problem is, only one of the outputs allow phase contrl to the woofer. If I routed the other signal through another X 30, would this give me the phase control over the other sub as well?
Anyone out there using B&amp;W NHTM1 center speaker? Have you found it difficult to drive? I am using the 5803, and am wondering if indeed it will present a problem(suggested by the B&amp;W dealer).
George.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>That's amazing, I was just going to ask if anyone has compared the Paradigm Servo-15 to the competition. &nbsp;I'm looking for finesse rather than boom. &nbsp;Approx 13x26 room with wood floors. &nbsp;I've done extensive auditioning for my front speakers, but not sure how to go about auditions for the sub. &nbsp;I'd appreciate some advice.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>George;

Man that B&amp;W center channel looks nice!

Giving the fact that it is rated for 8ohms (min 3ohms) and 90dB efficient I seriously doubt you will have any problems driving it with your AVR-5803. &nbsp;Sounds like your dealer may be trying to promote an amp sale. &nbsp;I would at least try powering your speakers with the AVR-5803 before you go out and buy a new amp that you may not need.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis