Paradigm Premier-700f or Martin Logan 20i for Stereo Music Listening ?

K

KakaPudi

Audiophyte
Hi,

I am planning to replace my bookshelf speaker with a floor standing speaker. i do have Yamaha Aventage 1050 and SVS SB2000 as my subwoofer. I have narrowed down to 2 speaker brands.

1. Paradigm Premier 700f
2. Martin Logan 20i.

Which do you thinks sounds natural and good for 70% music and 30 % Movie playback. Also what should i expect or hear moving from bookshelf to floor standing. i tend to keep my crossover 80hz even with the floor standing.

Appreciate if any of you would outline in detail why either of the speaker is better than other and what i should be mainly looking with upgrade .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As to bookshelf to tower, you won't need stands anymore.....but a generalization might be hard depending on specific speakers and room involved. I did it a while back in a fairly large room and with more capable speakers and thought the difference was subtle mostly, some advantage at louder levels.

K

Kaz123

Audiophyte
Thanks lovinthehd. I have a medium size rectangular room. does going from KEF Q300 BookShelf speakers to paradigm 700f make any difference ?

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
I am about 50/50 in my setup and I love the Paradigm sound. They make vocals sound very good. To me, they sound much more dynamic than the Martin Logan. I found the Martin Logan’s kind of boring TBH. I also think the Paradigm will give you better bass response although with the subs you have, may not matter.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis