Paradigm or Bowers and wilkins speakers for around $1500

R

ridfighter

Audioholic Intern
Hi fellow users, first of all let me tell yall how much i appreciate your inputs!! thank you.

Ok my questions is I am building a 5.1 system, and i personally like the way Paradigm and B&W speakers sound, the problem is the money, I just want to know which paradigm or bowers & wilkins speakers(front left and right and center) which will be in the price range of $2000, I dont mind if its refurbished or used, , so all i want to know is which 2 floor-standers and center channel will yall recommend (i don't like bookshelves, i prefer towers) by the way i am buying the SVS PB12-NSD Sub, so something which will match this as well, My preference is 65%movies and TV, 20%music, 15%xbox

This thread may seem very similar to a previous posting, I am sorry if i offend anyone or seem ignorant, i am so close now due to your contributions, I will value your expertise for the best bang for the buck,Thank you please help me.

R

ridikas

Banned
I would strongly suggest that you listen to the Epos Epic 5 towers ($1400pr.). I've listened to at least 30 different brands of speaker in the past month, ranging from $600pr. to $60,000pr. and in my opinion the Epos are better than anything under the $3500pr. price point.

I've listened to virtually every speaker from Paradigm and B&W.

R

ridfighter

Audioholic Intern
Thank you i did look it up and it looks enticing!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Glad you checked those out. I am an Epos fan also. No reason to get hung up on Paradigm or B&W. Both good brands, but in your price range there are a LOT of great speakers.

R

ridfighter

Audioholic Intern
Anyone else

Hi anyone else willing to help to finding quality speakers with a small budget?;)

B

bjcays

Audiophyte
Hi anyone else willing to help to finding quality speakers with a small budget?;)
Hi,
If you like Paradigm and B&W you should be pleased by the sound of Axiom speakers. For less than $2,000.00 you can get your front array of speakers (a pair of M80v3 and one VP180) on Axiom deals site.

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
Give PSB's Imagine T's a listen. I really liked those speakers a lot and I think it would be in your target budget range. Don't stop there though, listen to as many different speakers as you can both in your range and even if they are a little bit above your range. You may find that they justify the price. Also remember, you may be pleasantly surprised at would kind of street price you can find from a motivated, reputable dealer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis