Paradigm on Ebay closing in 12 hrs.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Looks like a chance to get a steal on some Paradigm reference speakers. If you don't mind a little older model floorstander. LINK TO SPEAKERS . I just figured somone might be interested.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
The price seems high to me considering there age. There not from the Reference but from the Performance or Monitor line as well which makes the price seem even higher. Plus the owner did not state the model # which kinda bothers me.

They probably sound ok but I could get a much newer set from the monitor series that would probably sound better. Even the newer performance line would probably trump these.

But who who knows since speakers are so subjective. ;)

S

spacemonkey

Audiophyte
anyone have a more definitive guess about which model these are or any sort of numbers on them. This guy lives near me so it looked like a good deal to me. If these are junk, anyone got a recommendation for something comparable?

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Come on now

They sold for $251. That is pretty darn cheap. Sorry about the reference label, I was wrong, they were indeed performance series. They were 9semkII's I'm pretty sure. That is a steal for these speakers though. Yes they might be beat out by a new set of monitor 7's or the like but not for less than 2 X the cost (as long as we're sticking to Paradigm speakers) IMO this was a good deal. These are nice sounding, slightly older speakers. For someone putting together a good used system this would have been a good find. Sorry again about calling them reference, I do know there is a big difference between the two lines and I feel bad about the thought of misleading someone. I've been a little sleep deprived lately.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis