Paradigm Mini Monitor v.3 vs. Aperion 522D

R

roguejason

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Does anyone have any experience with the Aperion Audio Intimus 522D speakers?  And how they compair to the Paradigm Mini-Monitor v.3 speakers.  I plan to run either of them with a matching sub.

Thanks!

Jason</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Hey Jason i heard the aperion bookshelf speakers a couple weeks ago and i was very impressed how well they sounded. &nbsp;The imaging was really good and i was pretty impressed by the bass it had for a 5 1/4 woofer. &nbsp;I dont own them i ended up going to there office in Oregon and bought there 8 inch sub. &nbsp;The sub is awesome for an 8 very tight bass and musical, &nbsp;its not boomey at all i used it in a home theater setup and it does ok for movies in my small room. &nbsp;The build quality on there is pretty impressive also. &nbsp;Ive got the high gloss black but i like the wood finsh better but it didnt match my speakers so i went the black. &nbsp;Also there customer service is top notch. &nbsp;Also one thing u minght wanna know is there making a tower with side firing 8 inch powered sub. &nbsp;I jus saw tehre prototype and tehy were saying it might be ready by june i thnk. &nbsp;Its basically a 522 bookshelf speaker in a tower form.</font>

R

roguejason

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>How to the Aperion speakers compair to the Paradigm's as far as brightness? &nbsp;I have a set of the Mini-Monitors, but am finding them to be too harsh or &quot;bright&quot;.

Thanks,

Jason</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I havent heard the mini monitors so i dont know how they compare. &nbsp;As far as them being bright i think there a little on the bright side compared to what im use to listeng too BW 602s. &nbsp;But they werent bright to the point you coundlt listen for long periods of time.</font>

D

dasquared

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>might want to look into the Monitor Bronze or Silver series...I liked them much more than the paradigms recently. &nbsp;I did not specifically compare the minis to the Bronze, &nbsp;but I did compare the Paradign monitor3's and 5's to the Bronze B1 (their minis) and liked the Monitor Bronze B1 even better than the Paradigm's larger speakers.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis