Paradigm Center : Signature C5 (v1) or Studio CC-690 (v5)

L

lmill933

Audiophyte
I have a set of Paradigm Studio 100's (v5) and have been trying to find a matching CC-690 (v5) for a while now with no luck. I've now come across an opportunity to pick up a Signature C5 (v1) at a reasonable price. Does anyone have thoughts on how the C5 would mesh with the 100s? Would the C5 actually be a step up from the 690 even though the C5 is the v1 (v3 is newest version)? I'm using my setup mostly for HT use. I'm relatively new to this game, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
IMHO I would jump on it, if the price is right.
I have the S8's as fronts and S3 as a center. The C5 is a few steps up from the CC-690. The slight mismatch in front sound stage will be cancelled out by the large improvement in center sound quality and dialogue.
It's been a few years since I considered buying the C5. IIRC it was 'about' $3,300 when new.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd say do it as well. It won't blend fully with your mains, but gives you a good reason to upgrade your mains at some point too :) IMO, the Sigs were a definite step up from the Studios.

L

lmill933

Audiophyte
I appreciate the feedback. With the center channel being the most important in a home theater setup it makes sense to have that one be the "better" speaker in the front stage. The only piece I wasn't sure about was if the V1 signature is still better than the V5 studios. Based on your feedback it sounds like it is and since I can get it for $1200 I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis