Paradigm CC 290 v6 vs Paradigm CC 390 v6

M

Mat-

Audiophyte
Hi! I got the opportunity to upgrade my cc 290 v6 to the huge cc 390 v6 used.
Overall i mostly like the look of it and im always looking to upgrade my setup whenever i can and as you all know the center speaker is one of the most important speaker in a home theater.

My question is , will there be a good difference in the sound performance between the two?

Also as most of the people, im running all my speakers as SMALL in my Denon 2310 CI receiver but i saw some reviews of the CC 390 running it as large due to its size and performance, would that be correct or should it be used as small with its own crossover setting since so far all my speakers are at 80 hz.

In the future i was looking at going atmos with a 5.1.4, so i need to upgrade my receiver and get 4 in ceiling speaker, but if upgrading my cc290 to the cc 390 is worth it i might do this before.

Here my current setup:
Denon 2310 CI
Paradigm monitor 11 v6 towers
Paradigm CC 290 v6
Paradigm adp 390 v6
SVS PB -2000 ( latest upgrade over a paradigm 3100)

BTW sorry for my poor english it it not my native language.
thanks !
Mat-

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hi! I got the opportunity to upgrade my cc 290 v6 to the huge cc 390 v6 used.
Overall i mostly like the look of it and im always looking to upgrade my setup whenever i can and as you all know the center speaker is one of the most important speaker in a home theater.

My question is , will there be a good difference in the sound performance between the two?

Also as most of the people, im running all my speakers as SMALL in my Denon 2310 CI receiver but i saw some reviews of the CC 390 running it as large due to its size and performance, would that be correct or should it be used as small with its own crossover setting since so far all my speakers are at 80 hz.

In the future i was looking at going atmos with a 5.1.4, so i need to upgrade my receiver and get 4 in ceiling speaker, but if upgrading my cc290 to the cc 390 is worth it i might do this before.

Here my current setup:
Denon 2310 CI
Paradigm monitor 11 v6 towers
Paradigm CC 290 v6
Paradigm adp 390 v6
SVS PB -2000 ( latest upgrade over a paradigm 3100)

BTW sorry for my poor english it it not my native language.
thanks !
Mat-
No question, for HT, the CC is a very important speaker.

My 1st question is room size...large room? Medium size?

Xover...If you like it, I would leave it the same as the current center channel.

I replaced a cc190 with my current CC. I haven't heard the cc390 in a long time, but I've heard some hi end CC capable of going into the mid/low 40Hz range including my own...I Xover @ 60Hz across the front. Midbass performance is the big difference in SQ imo. A deeper voice such as Morgan Freeman sounds fuller on the larger CC so there is some benefit.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
IMO, with center, always go with the higher model from them, so yes I would upgrade. I always found with Paradigm, the lower model centers were compromises to reduce cost to a certain price point, and the best performer was always their top model.

M

Mat-

Audiophyte
No question, for HT, the CC is a very important speaker.

My 1st question is room size...large room? Medium size?

Xover...If you like it, I would leave it the same as the current center channel.

I replaced a cc190 with my current CC. I haven't heard the cc390 in a long time, but I've heard some hi end CC capable of going into the mid/low 40Hz range including my own...I Xover @ 60Hz across the front. Midbass performance is the big difference in SQ imo. A deeper voice such as Morgan Freeman sounds fuller on the larger CC so there is some benefit.
For the room size i guess its kind of medium, around 2100 ft3, 7,3 ft high ceiling.

I just want to make sure this would make a difference over my cc 290 and would be the logic upgrade to do before investing into a new receiver for atmos and in ceiling speakers.

Thanks!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis