H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
kia303 said:
Anyone try this out yet, just downloaded it today and I like it so far!http://www.pandora.com/
I was going to start a thread on this actually. I first heard about it a week or two ago and setup a couple of "stations." It's a really neat marketing strategy on their part. I've heard cool tunes that I would not have heard otherwise.

kia303

kia303

Junior Audioholic
I am listening right now to Train Radio, I have three other stations setup already. I love this thing so far, need to figure out how to stream it to my HT system.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
That's ok. My post died quickly and it is a worthy topic.

What I like about it is that, unlike say live365.com, or Sirius or XM radio, you can CHOOSE the songs you like. YOU are in control.

You create a station for say, Tangerine Dream, and then they not only play songs by that group but songs by groups that SOUND SIMILAR to that group.

Thus, you get to hear new music, but it's music in a vein you'll enjoy. And if you don't enjoy it, you can tell them "I don't like this" and they don't play that one again.

Really nifty.

muncybob

muncybob

Audioholic
My thanks for the tip on this..it's great. Not only diverse selections but I finally have decent tunes at work again...firewall took away my streaming radio station....and I do miss WXPN.

J

JaceTheAce

Audioholic
I really like Pandora. I've been using it for a few months now and it actually made me buy albums that I'd normally never buy had I not heard them on Pandora.

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
I just read that the SqueezeBox is going to support this service. I may give it a try.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis