Panasonic PT AR100u VS Epson 8350

S

Shrader

Audioholic
these are the two projectors i have it narrowed down to. I have read reviews till I was blue in the face, and was wondering what you guys think, or more so if any of you have either of these? It will be projecting on to a 106 screen 13.5 feet away. The room I have is light controlled with no windows, but is also a bar type room, so there will me a mix of movies, and sports (with lights on) does the epson put out enough light? does the panny put out too much for dark rooms? any real world input would be great, Thanks

S

Stiltz

Audiophyte
No, the Panny does not output too much for dark rooms, but I think the 8350 throws a great pic

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The Epson 8350 could handle my living room as long as light was directed away from the screen. It could certainly handle your room from the sound of it. Sporting events have higher light tolerance than movies due to their brightness levels. That said the darker the screen area the better.

S

Shrader

Audioholic
Just wanted to follow up on my original post, I ended up going with the panny pt ar100u, and have zero regret, the picture quality is beyond what I expected, and the brightness is also, watching a game with 14 65w can lights on, and the picture is still VERY good, do not hesitate to buy this pj.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis