ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks for the heads up, just ordered DMP-BD85 for an awesome price.

" Happy Thanksgiving "
Good choice, I have this player and I could not be more satisfied, great product.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
Order a BD85 as well... but after 8 days of no updates, had to call Panasonic a 2nd time only to find out they WAY oversold these on black friday, and they are backordered a minumum 3-4 weeks...

Panasonic also said there is ZERO chance of getting it before xmas.

What angers me is the 1st time I call they said it was still processing, but would be process and shipped within the next day or 2. Four days later, they are backordered, and I had to call to find this out.

No email updates or anything from Panasonic. So far, I'm unimpressed with their service to say they least.

I just hope I actually get a BD85 at this point... although I won't hold my breath, and I'll be actively searching for comparable deals until Panasonic actually ships it.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Order a BD85 as well... but after 8 days of no updates, had to call Panasonic a 2nd time only to find out they WAY oversold these on black friday, and they are backordered a minumum 3-4 weeks...

Panasonic also said there is ZERO chance of getting it before xmas.

What angers me is the 1st time I call they said it was still processing, but would be process and shipped within the next day or 2. Four days later, they are backordered, and I had to call to find this out.

No email updates or anything from Panasonic. So far, I'm unimpressed with their service to say they least.

I just hope I actually get a BD85 at this point... although I won't hold my breath, and I'll be actively searching for comparable deals until Panasonic actually ships it.

Hello,
I don't know what price Panasonic is selling the 85 for or what others have paid on their site but I got mine from Amazon for $174 delivered, and right now they have them in stock for $169.74 and free super saver shipping. Hope this helps.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
Hello,
I don't know what price Panasonic is selling the 85 for or what others have paid on their site but I got mine from Amazon for $174 delivered, and right now they have them in stock for $169.74 and free super saver shipping. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon price...

Panasonic was selling the BD85 for $137.50. After tax and shipping ($1.99), it was still under $150 delivered...

So I'm going to hold out unless I find it for closer to that price... I just hope that if I continue to wait, Panasonic will actually ship a BD85 to me at some point. I'm most worried they'll just cancel the order.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
So I'm going to hold out unless I find it for closer to that price... I just hope that if I continue to wait, Panasonic will actually ship a BD85 to me at some point. I'm most worried they'll just cancel the order.
Not guaranteeing nuthin', but I've never once heard of that happening before with Pana.

My friend had to wait months for his 65" V10. He got it for a killer price, like 2.3k or so, and that's over a year ago.

Not Pana, but I've had to wait months as well to get my projector. AVS sold them all out in 24 hours (special deal on OEM open box), and that was well before JVC even got them out to AVS. It was still* well worth the wait at the time, because the price I got still bettered the very best price I knew of by $1,500 (which coincidentally happened to be the normal AVS pricing at the time).

But if you're impatient, just cancel and get it somewhere else.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon price...

Panasonic was selling the BD85 for $137.50. After tax and shipping ($1.99), it was still under $150 delivered...

You are welcome, that really is a killer price, I believe they wanted to get rid of old stock @ that price. Honestly I would spend the extra $20 and get it from Amazon, Pana. make take forever to ship your 85 and with the new year models coming soon I doubt you will receive it at all, I have dealt with panasonic for years and must say I have never had a problem but they do have a tendency to over sale merchandise with no inventory. The 85 is a wonderful unit, meets all of my needs, I have a legacy receiver and needed the analog preouts, it loads quick and has all the streaming features you will need, well worth the asking price. Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Best regards, Jeff

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis