Panamax 5100 question

R

RJC

Junior Audioholic
On my new Panamax 5100 line conditioner when I have the voltage indicator illumination set low, the first 2 LED's do not light up. I went to the dealer and their floor model did the same thing. Are there any owners of the 5100 out there who have experienced this , or is this a bad shipment that the dealer has in stock?

J

jzac

Audioholic
RJC said:
On my new Panamax 5100 line conditioner when I have the voltage indicator illumination set low, the first 2 LED's do not light up. I went to the dealer and their floor model did the same thing. Are there any owners of the 5100 out there who have experienced this , or is this a bad shipment that the dealer has in stock?
I have one. Which first 2 LED indicators in the front are you referrring to? :confused: They are all named, so if you tell me which one it is I might be able to help you out. BTW, it is an awesome power conditioner and I saw a big difference after using it. Hopefully, you bought it from a authorized dealer.

R

RJC

Junior Audioholic
jzac said:
I have one. Which first 2 LED indicators in the front are you referrring to? :confused: They are all named, so if you tell me which one it is I might be able to help you out. BTW, it is an awesome power conditioner and I saw a big difference after using it. Hopefully, you bought it from a authorized dealer.
I am referring to the two red LED's that represent 90 and 95V. When the brightness is set to the low setting they do not light up but the other LED's from 100V and up work fine. This only happens on the "low" setting.

J

jzac

Audioholic
The LED inidicators on the 5100 basically reads your line voltage as an instantaneous reading from 90v to 135v. The 2 LED indicators you mentioned, 90v and 95v, should not light up under normal circumstances 'cause that will mean you have a dip in the line voltage from normal supply, which is usually about 100v or more. When you turn the dimmer to 'high' it usually appears all are lit up, but actually the last 2 volt leds are very low in light display, but if you turn it to either 'medium' or 'low' you will see that the 90v and 95v are not lit up unless your line voltage actually dips to that level. I keep mine at medium setting. Don't worry, your unit is working like the way it is supposed to perfectly! :) Enjoy!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis