Over ear, Isolated recommendation? Co-workers complaining. < $300

T

Trev

Audioholic
Hey guys,

Back once again for another recommendation. I listen to a lot of thrash metal, ... very loudly. I can't deal with ear buds because the pressure causes me pain, but over ear is not a problem at all for me. I can't explain it, but that can be left to doctors.

Meantime, I need a set of headphones, ideally under $300, that I can crank... and the folks around me... won't hear what's coming through. ...Louder I can pull off... the better. There are genres I listen to at chill levels, ... but when I want that skull splitting stuff that promotes adrenaline... I need volume.

Presently using Denon DJ DN-HP1000

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
First. Don't do that. Don't crank loud, dynamically compressed music in headphones. Just don't. Really. Learn to live with less volume.

Why are you replacing those headphones? Because the sound is audible to others? If the latter, stop right there. Those are closed-back DJ headphones that are already good at blocking sound. You're utterly destroying your hearing and won't make it to middle age without significant damage.

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
Can you say that a little louder... Kidding kidding, couldn't help myself :D.

T

Trev

Audioholic
Guess I'll have to do more of my own digging. You don't turn down thrash man & there's no point in my putting in effort to explain why not. Thx anyway for your concern.

Sincerely,

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Buy whatever you want, then hurt yourself with it all you want. I would recommend something good at blocking sound, like the Denon DJ DN-HP1000. Oh, wait, you have those already.

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis