output signal problem

tenerifepaul

tenerifepaul

Audioholic Intern
SAMSUNG TV UA78KS9500
HUMAX STB HDR 1002S
APPLE TV 4TH GEN
DENON AVR-X3400H

The DENON HDMI out goes to the SAMSUNG hub and the devices go to their various HDMI inputs.

Everything controlled from a logitech Harmony remote, and worked perfectly until we installed the DENON amp. Now when viewing our humax box the DENON keeps switching out of cable/sat to a different input, and will do this dozens of times during viewing? This does not happen when viewing apple TV. I have tried switching the HDMI cable from the humax box to a different input, the problem persists. To test I have excluded the DENON and hooked the Humax box directly up to the TV. The problem goes away. So its narrowed down to the signal between the DENON and the humax box............which doesn't make a lot of sense?
Any thoughts?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Does it happen randomly or only when you use the remote?
Is it the same input it switches to or different ones?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
SAMSUNG TV UA78KS9500
HUMAX STB HDR 1002S
APPLE TV 4TH GEN
DENON AVR-X3400H

The DENON HDMI out goes to the SAMSUNG hub and the devices go to their various HDMI inputs.

Everything controlled from a logitech Harmony remote, and worked perfectly until we installed the DENON amp. Now when viewing our humax box the DENON keeps switching out of cable/sat to a different input, and will do this dozens of times during viewing? This does not happen when viewing apple TV. I have tried switching the HDMI cable from the humax box to a different input, the problem persists. To test I have excluded the DENON and hooked the Humax box directly up to the TV. The problem goes away. So its narrowed down to the signal between the DENON and the humax box............which doesn't make a lot of sense?
Any thoughts?
What is the samsung hub? Should be all devices to denon hdmi out denon to samsung display. Also make sure you turn off ARC and cec in both units.

tenerifepaul

tenerifepaul

Audioholic Intern
It happens randomly, same input switch. The Samsung hub us merely a multiple HDMI hub, multiple devices in, one HDMI out, but I am using the ARC HMDI 4 out to the TV, I could use any of them?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like a HDMI CEC issue...probably caused by using ARC. Try not using ARC. Why do you use the tv as hub for hdmi devices instead of avr?

ps your description of direction of hdmi is a bit confusing, too

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
It happens randomly, same input switch. The Samsung hub us merely a multiple HDMI hub, multiple devices in, one HDMI out, but I am using the ARC HMDI 4 out to the TV, I could use any of them?
Can you link that hub and explain why you need it? The AVR should be the hdmi "hub"

tenerifepaul

tenerifepaul

Audioholic Intern
Sorry guys, maybe the term hub is confusing. Photo enclosed. This little box ( hub) connects the TV to the AVR. I connect using ARC . So the blue HDMI cable runs from the ARC to my AVR HDMI out. My devices go into the appropriate AVR inputs. All devices work perfectly , no issue when I exclude the AVR and hook the device directly to the hub.
samsung hub.jpg
samsung hub.jpg

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
That’s the Samsung TV one connect box. It is on all the Samsung TVs. I have a 2016 Samsung. There is a single uplink propriety wire to the tv and then all the HDMI inputs are on this box that you can locate near your sources or to the receiver or both.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I would definitely not use the audio return channel turning those off along with CEC should eliminate any problem

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis