Outlaw Audio New Product

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Stay tuned for a new product announcement from Outlaw Audio today.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You beat me to it.....LOL!!!! I got an email this morning from Outlaw. However, I will let you reveal the good news. From what I am seeing many are going to be happy! :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Have seen the price of the new 7000x @$949 shipped! But, have also read that Outlaw will be offering an even better deal. Does anyone know the details? :)

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Have seen the price of the new 7000x @$949 shipped! But, have also read that Outlaw will be offering an even better deal. Does anyone know the details? :)

Cheers,

Phil
Maybe their combo deal with the Marantz AV7705?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@KEW it does say "introductory combo price". As such, you may be right. Guess, Outlaw will post what the combo is soon. Just a bit curious myself. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They need to make a 9Ch or 11Ch Class-D amp. :D

I mean since the AV7705 and many other pre-pros can do 7.1.4.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
@KEW it does say "introductory combo price". As such, you may be right. Guess, Outlaw will post what the combo is soon. Just a bit curious myself. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil
I think it is already posted! See the right side:
https://outlawaudio.com/products/7000x.html

Not too exciting unless you are already planning to buy the Marantz.
If you were ready to pay Outlaw's price for the Marantz pre-pro, the 7000x costs $700 more.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Being a "music first" guy, I would get the 9 channels by buying a higher level stereo amp and use one of these to cover the center and surrounds.
Or, since I tend towards AVR's rather than Pre-Pros, divvy up the channels between this and the AVR!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I think it is already posted! See the right side:
https://outlawaudio.com/products/7000x.html

Not too exciting unless you are already planning to buy the Marantz.
If you were ready to pay Outlaw's price for the Marantz pre-pro, the 7000x costs $700 more.
My bad. Did not see that. Dealing with some kind of active infection on my desktop. Not in the market as HT is not my thing. Just trying to get the info out there for those that may be interested. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
My bad. Did not see that. Dealing with some kind of active infection on my desktop. Not in the market as HT is not my thing. Just trying to get the info out there for those that may be interested. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil
Good luck with the virus thing!
Hopefully, someone will get on-board to help you out!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Good luck with the virus thing!
Hopefully, someone will get on-board to help you out!
Thanks KEW. Hopefully, I will not have to reload Windows 10 in order to get rid of the active infection. But, if that is what it takes I will. After being very sick from my Thanksgiving dinner, this is the last thing that I needed. However, there really is never a good time for such things. So, it is what it is. Have a feeling it is going to cost me some significant money to get rid of it. :(

Cheers,

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

I think for practical benefits, it is better to have 3, 4, and 8 channel amps and forget about the 7 channel version, given that there are no shortages of 2 and 5 channel amps by default.

People can then buy:
5.1 - One single amp.
7.1 - One single amp, biamp the center if the owner wants to give it a little more juice.
9.1 - Two amps, 8 channel amp + a mono block, or two 4 channel amps.
11.1 - Two amps.
13.1 - Two amps.

The 7 channel version has very limited applications/flexibility as it does not really "add up" all that well.:D
For the 7 channel version to be more viable, it needs to be modular, with up to 2 slots for 2 more amps, any more than that will be killed off by @TLS Guy preemptively..

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think for practical benefits, it is better to have 3, 4, and 8 channel amps and forget about the 7 channel version, given that there are no shortages of 2 and 5 channel amps by default.

People can then buy:
5.1 - One single amp.
7.1 - One single amp, biamp the center if the owner wants to give it a little more juice.
9.1 - Two amps, 8 channel amp + a mono block, or two 4 channel amps.
11.1 - Two amps.
13.1 - Two amps.

The 7 channel version has very limited applications/flexibility as it does not really "add up" all that well.:D
For the 7 channel version to be more viable, it needs to be modular, with up to 2 slots for 2 more amps, any more than that will be killed off by @TLS Guy preemptively..
Maybe the problem with more than 7CH amp is the All-Channel Power measurements on the bench.

I don’t understand why Yamaha can’t make their MX-A5100/5200 11Ch amps measure something like 100W x 11Ch Driven (instead of going into protection mode). :D

Is that very difficult?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Being a "music first" guy, I would get the 9 channels by buying a higher level stereo amp and use one of these to cover the center and surrounds.
Or, since I tend towards AVR's rather than Pre-Pros, divvy up the channels between this and the AVR!
You mean mixing amps and such? :eek:

I think I may be OCD or something. I like matching things too much. :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Maybe the problem with more than 7CH amp is the All-Channel Power measurements on the bench.

I don’t understand why Yamaha can’t make their MX-A5100/5200 11Ch amps measure something like 100W x 11Ch Driven (instead of going into protection mode). :D

Is that very difficult?
Imo, not easy nor too difficult, they didn't do it most likely because there is no need, no practical benefits, so why waste resources on that instead of focussing on things that counts, unless there is no cost and time and constraint.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General

Is that very difficult?
EZ to do but very costly...
  • Bigger chassis
  • Larger heat sinks
  • Higher current output devices
  • Increased power supply
Absolutely Yamaha can increase the design specs as requested but is it really required and will the market accept/pay the increased cost.

Just my $0.02... ;)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
This amp would make a great partner to the Outlaw 976 Processor. A good review of the 976 was published recently here. If you aren't looking for an Atmos system, the Outlaw pair wouldn't cost much more than $2k and would be a killer setup. Hell, throw in some of the Outlaw speakers and some Outlaw X13 subs, and you have yourself a phenomenal system all-in for maybe $8k- and that is using an all LCR front stage and dual subs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis