Outdoor Speakers for My Patio

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was going to buy a KUBE Bluetooth Speaker 37qt Cooler Storage for my Patio, but since I have a Receiver with Zone 2 that I can use, I thought I would consider better sounding options

My work gave this out and the guy who won it, will sell it to me for $250.00

KUBE Bluettoh Speaker

Option B:
  1. Looking for 2-4 Speakers around $400/pair to cover a patio roughly 1100 sq feet. I can extend my budget if something is drastically better for about $200 more a pair.
  2. I live in Chicagoland area, so it can get pretty cold. I will obviously take down during the winter :)

Question:

I have a Marantz 1609 Receiver that will be driving Zone 2. It has Zone 2 Pre-Outs. I have a Parasound Halo 2 Channel amp collecting dust, I assume I can use that to drive Zone 2? If not I will probably upgrade the receiver for more power.

Open to Suggestions

Thanks!

Last edited:
K

kini

Full Audioholic
I was going to buy a KUBE Bluetooth Speaker 37qt Cooler Storage for my Patio, but since I have a Receiver with Zone 2 that I can use, I thought I would consider better sounding options

My work gave this out and the guy who won it, will sell it to me for $250.00

KUBE Bluettoh Speaker

Option B:
  1. Looking for 2-4 Speakers around $400/pair to cover a patio roughly 1100 sq feet. I can extend my budget if something is drastically better for about $200 more a pair.
  2. I live in Chicagoland area, so it can get pretty cold. I will obviously take down during the winter :)

Question:

I have a Marantz 1609 Receiver that will be driving Zone 2. It has Zone 2 Pre-Outs. I have a Parasound Halo 2 Channel amp collecting dust, I assume I can use that to drive Zone 2? If not I will probably upgrade the receiver for more power.

Open to Suggestions

Thanks!
Considering you are wanting to take the speakers down in the winter going with a portable speaker is a good idea. https://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/wireless-speakers/hyperboom.html would be a better choice than the KUBE.

But if you want to use a pair of bookshelf speakers Harman is having a sale and you can get a pair of JBL 530s for $300

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I live in Chicago and wasn't sure if even outdoor speakers can handle Chicago Winter. I figured i would bring them in house and store them over the winter. Looking for speakers that have a decent amount of bass punch w/o a sub. ADTG recommended some RBH I am interested in, just need them to get back in stock.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I live in Chicago and wasn't sure if even outdoor speakers can handle Chicago Winter. I figured i would bring them in house and store them over the winter. Looking for speakers that have a decent amount of bass punch w/o a sub. ADTG recommended some RBH I am interested in, just need them to get back in stock.
LOL good point, while we do have real seasons where I am in Oregon, they're still milder than the winters I experienced growing up in the Chicago area (Oak Park). It only gets in the teens here and my overhang protects my speakers from the worst of the weather otherwise. I suppose if winters were worse here I might take 'em down. :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
What kind of spl do you want? I've left these out year-round since I installed 5 plus years ago, wouldn't call them spl monsters or for a full on dance party etc, but great for background tunes while enjoying my deck. https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-io655w-6-1-2-2-way-indoor-outdoor-speaker-pair-white--310-010
I've got the same pair out on the deck. Haven't taken them down in past winters. Survived the arctic blast we had a year ago and still work.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've got the same pair out on the deck. Haven't taken them down in past winters. Survived the arctic blast we had a year ago and still work.
I think for the price they're quite nice speakers. If I wanted to hold a party that would be seriously bumpin' outside over 1100 sq ft, maybe not :)

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
If you’re gonna take them inside during the winter and have a spot out of the rain and sun for them the JBL 530 would make for some kicking patio speakers.. But if you can’t the Dayton’s would be better because they are designed to be outdoors and would also save you some coin.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I, too, live in Oregon. I have a set of these outdoor speakers...run as Zone 2 from a Yamaha receiver. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-NS-AW392-Black-2-Way-120-Watts-5-25-All-Weather-Outdoor-Pair-Speakers/264516246058?hash=item3d96659a2a:g:hDkAAOSw8bteOxCy:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!97367!US!-1
Mine have been up over 5 years and have performed admirably...easy setup, with lots of bass, clean highs, and are trouble free. Incidentally, I have no relation to the ebay seller, so I can't comment on him. But his pricing is awesome for these speakers (which are no longer manufactured). I paid a lot more for mine.

Good luck with whatever you get...enjoy your Summer sounds!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you for the advice everyone!

I have been doing more research, and I may started to look at the Polk Audio Atrium8 SDI. They give me the option to run each speaker in stereo or pair them.

My backyard patio has a sun room that sticks out the back
1) Option 1, Get the Polk or alternative brand that offer Stereo input speakers
2) Instead of a 2 speaker system, go with 4 Speakers and Zones

Option 1 Sounds like the easiest route, but not sure about the Stereo Input Speaker sound quality. The Polk seemed like a decent option in that it offer the option to do both.
Option 2 Will probably sound signficantly better, but it's not like a my listening room.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've always wanted to have a pair of these in the back yard!

Top-15-Best-Outdoor-Rock-Speakers-in-2019-Complete-Guide-1.jpg

Outdoor-Rock-Speakers5.jpg

Just a random image. I'd have to do more homework before suggesting anything, but I always thought they just look cool.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
I've always wanted to have a pair of these in the back yard!

View attachment 34530
View attachment 34531

Just a random image. I'd have to do more homework before suggesting anything, but I always thought they just look cool.
Haha. I got some of these for sale if you're interested! https://rbhsound.com/r8.php
They are actually a really fun speaker. 8" driver so they actually have some decent oomph. Been thinking about plopping a couple in my landscaping. Just gotta get past finishing like 100 other projects right now. :(

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Haha. I got some of these for sale if you're interested! https://rbhsound.com/r8.php
They are actually a really fun speaker. 8" driver so they actually have some decent oomph. Been thinking about plopping a couple in my landscaping. Just gotta get past finishing like 100 other projects right now. :(
I know the feeling, but probably going to sick with mounted speakers, I have 3 security cameras in my backyard, so I am already prewired to put speakers up, but tempting :)

ecologydoc

ecologydoc

Junior Audioholic
Out of your price range but I absolutely love my NHT O2-ARCs for about five years now. No shortcuts in the sound. They can cut through wind and traffic noise in the afternoon, and then at 1am wooden music sounds exquisite at lower volumes. I've heard lots of outdoor speakers that can go loud, and the O2-ARC's can also, but they sound superior to any outdoor speaker I've heard at any volume.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Out of your price range but I absolutely love my NHT O2-ARCs for about five years now. No shortcuts in the sound. They can cut through wind and traffic noise in the afternoon, and then at 1am wooden music sounds exquisite at lower volumes. I've heard lots of outdoor speakers that can go loud, and the O2-ARC's can also, but they sound superior to any outdoor speaker I've heard at any volume.
I dunno. OP said $400/pair and Amz has the NHT O2-ARCs for $158 eac, so $316/pair? That's not bad at all for a good quality outdoor speaker! Worth checking into perhaps.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis