Outdoor Speaker Suggestions

E

<eargiant

Senior Audioholic
If anyone is willing to offer suggestions I'm all ears.

• They will be powered from Zone 2 of my Denon 3803 which will be fed a digital signal from an M-Audio 2496 soundcard.
  • I would like them to sound clear and well rounded at lower volumes.
  • Not looking to play loud but if I do they must be capable.
  • I'm open to either traditional looking speakers or camouflaged rocks,etc.
  • Must be high quality- durable and weather resistant. I don't want them to rust and look unsightly.
  • Sound must be good/decent but not reference class of course. To give an idea, I much preferred the sound of the original Philharmonic modded BS-22's over something like Monitor Audio Bronze 2's.
  • No set budget.

Thanks in advance.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If anyone is willing to offer suggestions I'm all ears.

• They will be powered from Zone 2 of my Denon 3803 which will be fed a digital signal from an M-Audio 2496 soundcard.
  • I would like them to sound clear and well rounded at lower volumes.
  • Not looking to play loud but if I do they must be capable.
  • I'm open to either traditional looking speakers or camouflaged rocks,etc.
  • Must be high quality- durable and weather resistant. I don't want them to rust and look unsightly.
  • Sound must be good/decent but not reference class of course. To give an idea, I much preferred the sound of the original Philharmonic modded BS-22's over something like Monitor Audio Bronze 2's.
  • No set budget.
Thanks in advance.
You sure about that digital source working with zone 2?

As for speakers, I've used these for a coupla years and am very pleased with their sound, altho I really haven't turned them up a whole lot as I don't want to bother neighbors; they are mounted under eaves, will yours need to be exposed to the elements, thus the rock type enclosure question?

E

<eargiant

Senior Audioholic
Hmm, not sure about zone 2 with a digital source. I'll have to look into that. If not I can run a line from the speaker B output of the Yamaha A-S801.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis