Outdoor speaker help

B

Bmc0309

Audiophyte
I have a onkyo receiver that does not have Bluetooth. I want to replace my outdoor speakers that are 2 way wired to the receiver already. Does anyone know if they make a 2 way wired speaker that contains Bluetooth in the speaker rather than the receiver. If not is there a way to get Bluetooth on the outside speakers through the 2 way wire route. Thank you in advance.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a onkyo receiver that does not have Bluetooth. I want to replace my outdoor speakers that are 2 way wired to the receiver already. Does anyone know if they make a 2 way wired speaker that contains Bluetooth in the speaker rather than the receiver. If not is there a way to get Bluetooth on the outside speakers through the 2 way wire route. Thank you in advance.
No- Bluetooth signal would need to be amplified but you could put a Bluetooth receiver at the amp.

Check out the Miccus BT receiver- I have used them and the range is exceptional. Sounds decent, too. I bought them on Amazon.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd just add a simple BT receiver on your receiver. If speakers have their own BT, they probably have their own amps as well and aren't going to be particularly suited to outdoor installment (at least leaving them outside full time wouldn't be something I'd want to do with powered speakers). I'd rather go wifi myself.

Y

yanakef327

Audiophyte
Hi buddy, the best way would be to install a receiver for better quality and you are good to go.

Regards,
Thomas J. Mejia

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I'd just add a simple BT receiver on your receiver. If speakers have their own BT, they probably have their own amps as well and aren't going to be particularly suited to outdoor installment (at least leaving them outside full time wouldn't be something I'd want to do with powered speakers). I'd rather go wifi myself.
Heck I don't even leave our BA-650RK-GT Breatheaudio "Rock" Speakers outside unless we are going to use them in less than a week. And they ware hard wired. Weather beats the heck out of audio equipment.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Heck I don't even leave our BA-650RK-GT Breatheaudio "Rock" Speakers outside unless we are going to use them in less than a week. And they ware hard wired. Weather beats the heck out of audio equipment.
I'm thinking your winters are a bit tougher than mine....my deck speakers have been out there for something like 7 years now? Protected by overhang and freezing temps aren't that common in even winter, maybe a couple days below 30F....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis