tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
I Currently have a set of outdoor speakers in an enclosed porch wired to a zone on my whole-house audio setup. I’d like to add another set of outdoor speakers outside the porch so we can listen on the outdoor patio when we’re out there as well. However, I don’t want to have to run a new set of speaker wires all the way back into the house to connect to my amp - that would entail major surgery and is more than I want to take on. I don’t need the new patio zone to be on the same amp, so I thought about somehow getting a small Sonos amp or something similar and hiding it away on the porch, but it would still be somewhat exposed to the elements so I dont know if that would be a good solution unless I can somehow weather proof the amp. The ideal thing would be if Sonos or Bluesound made a set of active outdoor speakers, but that doesn’t seem to be the case right now. If worst comes to worst, I can always just get the best portable Bluetooth speaker I can find but was hoping for a better solution. Does anyone have other suggestions? This is just casual listening around a fire pit so I don’t want to spend stupid money or do major surgery to the house but it would be nice to hear some music out there.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Bluetooth is probably your best bet. If you receiver has audio outputs, you could connect them to a Bluetooth transmitter that can pair with Bluetooth speakers.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis