Outdoor cable question

S

SkiFreak

Audiophyte
Hi folks, I may need to run a line level cable (from our mixing board) in one building outside and then into a separate building to a stereo receiver. The reason for this is we are trying to pipe some music from our church sanctuary into our church nursery (separate building). The entire length of the run would be about 125-150 feet. We are first going to try some wireless options, but I wanted to check with you experts in the event we get too much interference on the wireless option. So - any recommendations on what type cable to use? Thanks for your help.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Are you just running a stereo audio feed? If so, you could do it with a two channel balanced configuration. I'm not sure what kind of outputs you're working with, but if they aren't balanced already, you can get a transformer to balance them. You do NOT want to run unbalanced lines lest you want tons of interference. As for the cable itself, you'll have to check the electrical codes in your area. I don't know of any direct-burial balanced cable, I would think that you can run a certain kind in conduit for outdoor runs.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Here-here! That's a big 'agree with you' to jaxvon.

The line level signal should be converted to balanced, run on a shielded cable, preferably in conduit, then do whatever you want to at the other end.

There is a fair amount of direct burial speaker wire if you wanted to amplify it before sending it out... That shouldn't be a problem either. Lots of choices in this business.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis