Outdoor Audio System

E

ELinneman27

Enthusiast
Hey Audioholics, Newcomer here, My names Eric. Okay so I got my dad (what I think to be) a sick Outdoor Audio System for Father's day and it's coming time to hook everything up and I need advice. Here's what I got so far.

1 Sonance 875D SE 8 Channel Amp
1 Xantech PA635X 6 Channel Amp
1 Marantz-SR5003 7.1 Channel Receiver
4 Proficient VC60i Individual Volume Controls

Speakers:
8 OSD 60w Landscape Speakers
2 Polk Audio Atrium 5 Outdoor speakers

Okay so, the pair of Polk Audio Atrium 5 are going on my deck (Zone 1). Than 2 OSD Speakers by my pool (Zone 2). Than 4 OSD Speakers along my fence (wired in series parallel) (Zone 3). And the last 2 OSD Speakers back by our Horseshoe pits (Zone 4). I was told to get the individual volume controls so I can control the volume of each zone separately. So here's where I get lost and need help lol...So Zone 1,2,3,4 each get wired into each individual volume control first. From there I wire the volume controls into Zone 1&2 on the 1st Amp and Zones 3&4 get wired into the second Amp. And than from there I would assume that I connect the two amps to the pre outs of the Marrantz Reciever with RCA cables. So here's my question. Is that right at all? Do I have everything I need? Is that the proper way to connect two amps together into one system? Do I need an Active crossover? Or an Amplifier Speaker Selector? But I want to be able to play all the zones at once when I have a party, so a speaker selector won't work..What do I need to make this all work? PLEASE HELP

I plan on running individual speaker wire to each speaker in Zones 1,2 and 4 and than connecting them together before inserting them into the volume controls. And than since Zone 3 has four speakers getting wired into one volume control instead of two I was going to wire those four Speakers in series parallel. Hope this all works out as I planned! Lol

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis