Our top picks for soundbars for any budget

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We know, as an audiophile you don't like soundbars.

That's okay.

We get it.

We would much rather have a surround sound or good stereo system as well.

However, that won't work for everyone.

Therefore, we put together a list of our favorite soundbars ranging from an entry level to high end.

Read the full article: 9 Great Soundbars For Any Budget: TV Speakers Be Gone!

B

bootman

Audioholic Intern
No Zvox 580 for midrange or DefTech XTR and B&W Panorama 2 for highend?
This is a crowded segment.

sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
Never heard one however being a B & W owner and having read the reviews that's the direction I would tend to lean.

Cliff_is

Cliff_is

Audioholics Content Manager
I actually just personally don't like the sound of the XTR lineup...that's why it didn't make it on there.

Granted, I haven't listened to their powered lineup, only their passive 3 and 5 ch. soundbars , and they look really cool.

The Panorma 2 is great, but it didn't make it for one reason. For the same price as the Panorama 2 you could do the ML + a $700 stand alone sub.

B

bootman

Audioholic Intern
Any chance on doing a roundup on passive soundbars like the Goldenear SuperCinema, Phase Technology Teatro or Atlantic Technology FS-7.0?
Only way to currently get HD Audio is via a AVR.
One of the slim AVRs from marantz would pair up nicely but the overall price would be well above this group.
(but you do get much higher performance even rivaling in some cases separate speaker systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cliff_is

Cliff_is

Audioholics Content Manager
Any chance on doing a roundup on passive soundbars like the Goldenear SuperCinema, Phase Technology Teatro or Atlantic Technology FS-7.0?
Only way to currently get HD Audio is via a AVR.
One of the slim AVRs from marantz would pair up nicely but the overall price would be well above this group.
(but you do get much higher performance even rivaling in some cases separate speaker systems.
I agree with you on all counts

And that's a a good idea for an article.

Consider it added to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tim DH

Audiophyte
Solus Audio Soundbars

You should also check out the Solus Audio Speaker products designed by Philip Clements. I've been in A/V sales and installation for many years and am very impressed with their line of speakers! Very dynamic, efficient, great sound, good looks, and don't cost a fortune.

Their new H-Pas technology is in use by a couple speaker manufacturers already, I think we will be hearing a lot of good things about it in the future!!!

I've always enjoyed sharing and helping people find the truly great values in the A/V industry! The friends you make and the smiles on peoples faces make it so rewarding!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis