DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Our little, comfy 'OUR MAX THEATER' - Looks and sounds pretty incredible to us,and our friends. The 2nd pair of JBL S36 will be arriving next week, just to play with, but will have to lose the back. 9.1 is max on the ONKYO

theater 1.jpg

theater 2.jpg

theater2 dark.jpg

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Dude, is that a lava lamp?! Sweet. :D I dig the green shades, too.

Very nice setup, btw. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Yes, there is a Lava lamp on each of those front speakers.

1dwn5up

Enthusiast
How did you mount the TV? Any pics of the back? How much does it weigh?

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
First I used a piece of 3/4 in plywood (24"x cant remember) long enough to span 3 studs, I don't trust our walls much :) then I got http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882733152 capable of -
Peerless SF680P 60"-95" Universal Flat TV Wall Mount LED & LCD HDTV up to VESA 1111x745 max load 350 lbs -

large enough to span 3 studs as well. The LG weighs 125# ... its not going anywhere now!

I don't have any photo's of the back. The side mounted speakers look like they are in the way, but they arent.

1dwn5up

Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply, I was curious in case I wanted to upgrade from a 55" to a 75". Luckily the builders didn't install insulation behind the TV, so it was easier to run the wires, and if I need to add supporting plywood it wouldn't be much of a hassle. Studs are 16" on center.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis