skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Reactions? Outrage, delight? Surprise?

I was expecting The Artist to get several including best picture. I figured that Midnight in Paris was its other big competitor, but nobody in Hollywood has quite forgiven Woody Allen for being such a New Yorker nor for his choice in partners, so best script isn't a surprise, but best picture wouldn't happen. Now and again, the Oscars go against type but giving away the house to a Black and White French silent film is about as far as they have gone for a while. I have to admit that it was my favorite of the year.

As for Meryl Steep, the accent queen, I'm not surprised, but it was kinda dull and I hated the movie anyway (not even for its politics, but for the film itself).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry, but no reactions from me. I didn't know it was happening until someone on FB posted a comment about it, and even then, it might have been over. I didn't see any of it.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Easily the funniest/awkwardest moment was Jim Rash's mocking of Angelina Jolie, while she was still on stage:

2012 Oscars: Angelina Jolie's right leg gets homage from 'Community's Jim Rash | Inside Movies | EW.com

Meryl Streep seemed almost p**sed off at first when she was announced before getting her composure. If so, good for her.

I haven't seen either of the two big winners (The Artist, Hugo) so I didn't have much of a reaction this year to most of the results.

Esperanza Spalding was awesome!

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
At the red carpet.....I think this is the best moment of all.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DS-21

Full Audioholic
Didn't pay much attention to it, honestly. The only nominated movies I saw were "Midnight in Paris" (which I loved, just like I have most Woody Allen movies), "Hugo," (meh), "The Muppets" (loved it), and "Saving Face," for which we sponsored a couple local screenings.

I thought Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas should've been nominated for visual effects, because it was the only effective and interesting use of 3D that I've yet seen.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
I did'nt see the show,

I don't watch any of the awards shows

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis