Original packaging of components.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
We moved 8 times while my wife was still alive so I kept all the packaging for all my components that I have purchased new. Now that I see myself staying put until I can no longer look after myself, Im thinking of ditching the packaging for all of my displays and my PSB InageT45s. I will still hang on to the Rythmik box in case I need to ship it. What are your thoughts about this?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
We moved 8 times while my wife was still alive so I kept all the packaging for all my components that I have purchased new. Now that I see myself staying put until I can no longer look after myself, Im thinking of ditching the packaging for all of my displays and my PSB InageT45s. I will still hang on to the Rythmik box in case I need to ship it. What are your thoughts about this?
Why not break them boxes down and put in basement? Or put stuff in there that you are not using for now or future sale.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
For extremely large items, you won't want to attempt to ship it when you're older anyways because how do you even get it out of the house? For that situation, you do a local sale and they pick it up. For little items that you have little confidence that you'll keep a while, sure keep the box, they're easier to ship while you're able to still deal with stuff in that size/weight.

Very best,

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have tended to hold boxes until the warranty expires, which means I would be less likely to ship that item back.

I do still have my Rythmik box, but they are local to me so I have been considering ditching it, it takes up a lot of space!

If I think I could possibly sell something later, I keep the box. If I know I run it till the wheels fall off, the box goes. The exception would be for something like my Technics SL1200 that I bought BEFORE they stopped the original production run, where having the box adds value (to me, and likely for resell but not really planning to sell it).

The "problem" with breaking down a box and keeping it like that is that usually means you discard the pre-formed styrofoam or other packaging.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL I still have a lot of boxes, old habits die hard. I have plenty of room for the ones I've kept, did a clean out not long ago, tho. Curious, you thinking of selling the Rythmik? If its for servicing reasons a lot easier to just ship the amp/driver on their own.....

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I think I have kept every box. I am lucky enough to be able to toss them all in the attic. Wife gets pissy about it but I think it is always worth it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis