Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
Hello Everyone,

I currently just bought a brand new Home Theater system. This is what i have
Denon AVR-4100W Dolby Atmos Certified
5300 Panamax Power conditioner
PS4 Blu ray player.
(everything is connected with Audioquest cables, including HDMI's)

2x BP8060ST Supertowers (each one has a 10in sub with a 300watt amp in them)
1x CS8060 Center Channel (this has a 8in sub with a 150 watt amp in it)
2x SR8080BP Surround speakers

Possibly looking to had maybe an extra subwoofer in the near future; looking at some of they're super-cubes.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
DT doesn't get a lot of love on this forum.

One of the main reasons is that their published Frequency Response numbers are completely bogus!!!

For movies, yeah another external sub is probably a good idea. With the built in subs on the DTs, 1 external sub should suffice. If you're not watching a lot of movies, then you probably don't even need a sub.

I hope you got the deal on the DT setup? It was something like buy the front 3 and get the surrounds for free, but dunno how long they ran that special offer.

Personally, I own the DT SM350 and it is a great speaker for the $200 I paid for my pair. I also own the Goldenear Triton 2, in many ways that is an evolution of the DT ST design.

But, but, but.....

If you do get a sub, there are MUCH better options than DT out there for the same money!!!

Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
DT doesn't get a lot of love on this forum.

One of the main reasons is that their published Frequency Response numbers are completely bogus!!!

For movies, yeah another external sub is probably a good idea. With the built in subs on the DTs, 1 external sub should suffice. If you're not watching a lot of movies, then you probably don't even need a sub.

I hope you got the deal on the DT setup? It was something like buy the front 3 and get the surrounds for free, but dunno how long they ran that special offer.

Personally, I own the DT SM350 and it is a great speaker for the $200 I paid for my pair. I also own the Goldenear Triton 2, in many ways that is an evolution of the DT ST design.

But, but, but.....

If you do get a sub, there are MUCH better options than DT out there for the same money!!!
Lets just say.....
I got like a 60% discount off the grand total, Kind of hard to pass up. ;)
Any sub other sub brands that you would reccommend?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
DT & GE list unconventional frequency response specifications. Because of this, they may not be favored among many audio enthusiasts.

If you can get 60% discount, there is no reason to also get DT subs. They may not output as much or deep as some other subs, but they should work just fine and rattle all your bones.

The salient point is that you love the way they sound.

K

Kroven

Audiophyte
Aaron, I have a Supercube 4000. It is a very clean sounding sub and is punchy. If you are looking to fill the room with bass from music you might be frustrated with its EQ options. If you have a large room I would recommend something else, which is where I currently stand. Hope you find what you are looking for!

Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
Aaron, I have a Supercube 4000. It is a very clean sounding sub and is punchy. If you are looking to fill the room with bass from music you might be frustrated with its EQ options. If you have a large room I would recommend something else, which is where I currently stand. Hope you find what you are looking for!
How do movies and games sound?

Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
HSU
Rythmik
SVS
PSA
i appreciate the insight, i will go head and take a look into these brands. What are the benefits of having the sub punching from the bottom of the box, instead of normally having it on one of the sides or front of the box?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
i appreciate the insight, i will go head and take a look into these brands. What are the benefits of having the sub punching from the bottom of the box, instead of normally having it on one of the sides or front of the box?
It's not as dependent on, or as affected by, the room. The room's dimensions and speaker placement make a huge difference in the sound of any system and down-firing the woofer makes placement easier.

Personally, I like subwoofers that have a variable phase control, rather than a 0°/180° switch. It makes alignment of the sub/speakers much easier.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis