Opinion of Shanling SCD-T200C

HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Audioholic Intern
Hi all,

Has anyone used the Shanling SCD-T200C player? Redbook performance? SACD performance? Just another pretty face? :)

Thx.

-Hedwig

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi all,

Has anyone used the Shanling SCD-T200C player? Redbook performance? SACD performance? Just another pretty face? :)

Thx.

-Hedwig
A product like that is a con to part fools from their money.

A CD player does not need tubes, nor can it benefit from them.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Hi all,

Thx.

-Hedwig
Pure snake oil.....The tubes don't "warm" up anything...Just what you want distortion on your cd players outputs....
Are you looking for a good CD player? The OPPO's sound great for cd.

HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Audioholic Intern
Are Oppos THAT good in the audio side? I was waiting on the 83. I already have a Sony CDP-707ESD which I love for redbook. And a Panasonic DMP-BD55 for BD. I wanted an SACD player.

BTW, tubes do warm up the sound a bit...I've fallen for that creamy sound but usually cannot justify their price. Same dealie with guitar amps...the clean channels seem to be warmer and less harsh.

Anyhoo, just seeing what others use.

Cheers.

DonBattles

DonBattles

Audioholic
Are Oppos THAT good in the audio side? I was waiting on the 83. I already have a Sony CDP-707ESD which I love for redbook. And a Panasonic DMP-BD55 for BD. I wanted an SACD player.

BTW, tubes do warm up the sound a bit...I've fallen for that creamy sound but usually cannot justify their price. Same dealie with guitar amps...the clean channels seem to be warmer and less harsh.

Anyhoo, just seeing what others use.

Cheers.
I believe they are saying "tubes in a CD player are bad". In a pre-amp or power amp, thats another story all together. And I would agree, I too love the sound you get from tube's :eek:

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
As soon as I SAW the word Shanling... I knew.
Knew it is a rip-off!

You can get a Sony SCD-CE595 like I have, holds 5 discs, and does SACD.
They still sell them at Best Buy I think even for under $150.
If you hate it, you can return it!

I like mine a lot. :)

HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Audioholic Intern
Gotcha. Thx.

Nice Panerai in the siggy, btw. You collect? :)

I believe they are saying "tubes in a CD player are bad". In a pre-amp or power amp, thats another story all together. And I would agree, I too love the sound you get from tube's :eek:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I use a tubed cdp, a Jolida JD 100A. I probably overpaid, even at the "great" price I got, and maybe I suffer from distortion? All I know is that it really sounds a ton better than the Denon universal DVD player it replaced. Just the reduction of sibilance alone had me sold, most evident on choral works. Mind you, I had bought all of my gear, a lot of it at the same time, with zero budget intended for the cdp. I wasn't happy still. Just didn't sound nearly as good as in the showrooms. I went back, was told my cdp was the weak link, and I was skeptically thinking, "Hmmmmm......". But, that's my story. :cool:

What's nice about tubes in a cdp or pre/pro is that the draw is much less on the tubes. On the cdp, it's darn near negligible. I think the tubes have about the same amount of hours as the life of a plasma. On an amp, one has to bias, warm them up, and replace often.

please note my integrated only has analog inputs.

HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Audioholic Intern
Very nice! I like the Paul Picot and JLC...and of course, the Pannie. I'm dying for a Breguet Reveille du Tsar after trying one on...alas, it was beyond my reach.

I'm a beginning collector. So far just the Panerai PAM240, PAM243, Ulysse Nardin Blue Surf, IWC Portuguese 5001-07, Tag Heuer Kirium F1, Carrera Chrono, and Monaco. Oh, got an Invicta blue Russian diver just cuz Arnold had one on the cover of Esquire. LOL.

We have a sickness. :eek:

S

ShAwNeX

Audiophyte
You guys are an embarrassment

I don't know if it's this website or just the people making the comments in this thread, but you guys are seriously embarrassing this website and "true audiophiles".

Some of the comparisons you guys are making with the Shanling SCD-T200C, is like comparing caviar to tomato sauce. A Sony SCD-CE595 5-disc changer from best buy? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? how embarrassing. Obviously you haven't heard true audiophile music reproduction.

I own the Shanling SCD-T200C and it is as good as "true audiophiles" say it is. In fact it's punching above it's weight for its price point.

And the whole tube cd player is not a gimmick...

And by just hearing the name SHANLING, how did you know it's a rip-off? ARE YOU A RACIST?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I don't know if it's this website or just the people making the comments in this thread, but you guys are seriously embarrassing this website and "true audiophiles".

Some of the comparisons you guys are making with the Shanling SCD-T200C, is like comparing caviar to tomato sauce. A Sony SCD-CE595 5-disc changer from best buy? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? how embarrassing. Obviously you haven't heard true audiophile music reproduction.

I own the Shanling SCD-T200C and it is as good as "true audiophiles" say it is. In fact it's punching above it's weight for its price point.

And the whole tube cd player is not a gimmick...

And by just hearing the name SHANLING, how did you know it's a rip-off? ARE YOU A RACIST?
Audiophiles pretty much by definition are a deluded opinionated bunch with no scientific knowledge or basis for their opinions and easily parted from their money.

Seldom do you find one who owns any test gear. Even less seldom do you find one who can design a circuit.

The fact is adding a tube is a quality spoiler. The market is awash in very good cheap opamps, that no tube could ever meat in terms of linear frequency response, signal to noise and distortion.

They say there is one born every minute and you are one of them.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Come on Doc we need to really get a good understanding of music reproduction. :D

J

jlAlmeida

Audiophyte
Shanling SCD- T200C firmware
I am recovering this device and need firmware. Can someone tell me where I can download this?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Shanling SCD- T200C firmware
I am recovering this device and need firmware. Can someone tell me where I can download this?
Have you tried Shanling? I'm not sure they are in business. Anyhow those players were total junk and known for failures which was there standard mode of operation. They are not worth a monent of your time.

I think the late Ted Perry of Hyperion records had it right, when he maintained that the quality of CD players is inversely proportional to price.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis