OPDV971H Vs. DV-970HD (New)

luvdodo

luvdodo

Audioholic Intern
Oppo fans,

There's a newer version of OPPO that's launched and looks cool - $50 cheaper. :rolleyes:. They say it's got fewer features compared to the old model but the new one plays SACD and old one does not! :rolleyes:

Here's a comparison of both models - http://www.oppodigital.com/opdv971h_compare.html

Have fun!

~JC~

~JC~

Audioholic
Confused

Not sure I get it. A DVD player is for watching movies. Don't need SACD playback. The theater is not that great for pure audio anyway. What I really need is a DVD player that is the quality of the OPPO, that records. Now THAT I would pay for.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The 971H has 2 major advantages, 1) Genesis/Faroudja chipset 2) DCDi by Faroudja (side effect of using the chipset)

It seems the 971H was made with the intent of being an exceptional video player. Period. The 970HD has more feature but the video section is of generic quality. Meaining it will not do as well as the former in video tests. What is to be seen is how much worse is the performance...

I believe this should be how to explain the difference,

971H - Superlative for Movies and average performance for all else, if available
970HD - Average performance for all capabilities, if available.

Last edited:
Z

zoran

Audioholic
Any reviews/deals, impression, comparison to samsung 960, and old Oppo 971

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There's already an extensive thread on this in the CD/DVD forum...about 2 weeks old.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis