C

Cary

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Uggh. I'm in the middle of building out my basement and I'm taking the plunge into the 21st century of new Home Theater gear. &nbsp;I'm starting with the receiver and after reading more reviews than I want, I thought I had the receiver that I really liked; Onkyo's TRX 800. &nbsp;But now I found this wonderful website (Audioholics.com) with very knowledgeable people and I'm even more confused. &nbsp;I read a few articles and opinions on the Onkyo DS797 (which ironically was my very first choice early on) and I don't seem to understand the differences between the 797/898 and the 800/900 series. &nbsp;Also, I'm starting to read more on the Sony STR-DA4ES/5ES and wonder if that's even better than the Onkyo? &nbsp;I think most of these are 7.1 systems which sounds appealing. &nbsp; The Onkyo 800 also has THX select. &nbsp;P.S. I'm willing to spend around $800 or so. Any thoughts? &nbsp;I won't even begin to ask about speakers yet. &nbsp;It seems like everyone has a different favorite opinion on speakers.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis