Onkyo vs. HK vs. Yamaha

1db

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hi people! &nbsp;OK, in my never ending search for the &quot;perfect&quot; amp, I was hoping someone could give me some help and/or suggestions.

I am looking for a good 7.1 receiver/amp. &nbsp;I am currently toying between the Yamaha 2400, HK AVR-7200, and the Onkyo TX-NR900 for my system.

Price withstanding, is there anyone who is familiar enough with these products that can point me in the right direction? &nbsp;I like the Onkyo and Yamaha because I can drive a separate set of speakers (for outside use), but the HK I can't unless I go 5.1, which I don't want to do. &nbsp;However, if the HK is so superior, I would consider using a separate amp. &nbsp;The Onkyo can play two diffrent sources at the same time (CD for outside while watching a DVD inside). &nbsp;The Yamaha requires same source for A/B select.

OK, so for quality -- both sound, signal, and reliabilty -- what would you suggest? &nbsp;

By the way, what a great forum!</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Very hard to put direct comparisons like this, suffice to say they all have their attributes, in the end let your ears decide but make sure to let your ears hear the equipment with the speakers of your choice.

HK in no way is superior to the Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, as a matter of fact the RXV-2400 has a fantastic amp section which has very good dynamic capabilites.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis