Onkyo volume problem?

L

Lombarski21

Audiophyte
I have an Onkyo TX-SR707 av receiver, Emotiva xpa200 for the fronts, and as I turn the volume up, once I get to about -2 the volume just stops getting louder. But the number keeps going up to 12. Its not even that loud. I feel like it definitely used to be louder than this in the past. And this doesn't happen if its in Stereo mode. Every other surround mode this happens in, and in Dolby Pro Logic II it stops at -5.

L

Lombarski21

Audiophyte
Also when I go into settings and turn Audyssey to "off" the volume problem is fixed. But then of course it doesn't sound as good. What could be causing this?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
just manually turn it up where aud set it maybe 3-5db each channel.

L

Lombarski21

Audiophyte
just manually turn it up where aud set it maybe 3-5db each channel.
I tried that. For example, audyssey set the fronts at -4. So I turned them to 0, and increased the volume by every speaker by 4 so they all match. Now instead of the volume stopping at -2 it's stopping at around -6. Even if I choose manual eq the volume is still quiet

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I would call onkyo. that never happened when I had my 707.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I have had that problem with all my onkyo receivers. I am assuming this is off the cable or sat box as an input. I have never been able to resolve it. Make sure the output volume on the box is as high as it goes. My HK receiver and Denon do not have the issue.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis