Onkyo TX8011 drive a Sennheiser HD600

I

intzero

Audiophyte
Folks:

This may be kinda dumb but what the hell :p

1. Can the Onkyo TX8011B drive a Sennheiser HD600 headphone? I think the answer is yes but can it drive it safely... like in terms of not damaging hearing or not damaging the headphone.

I recently got this as a gift and notice that it has headphone jack and don't want to buy a separate Headphone amplifier ;)

Any answers greatly appreciated.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Why wouldn't it? Most receivers, especially stereo ones, should have decent (not great) power for headphones. I use my older Sennheisers with my Marantz integrated instead of directly from my CDP because the Marantz poweres the phones better.

Do you already have the 8011? I'm looking at it or the 8211 to drive a distributed music system with 3 sets of small speakers via a impedance matching switch.

Last edited:
N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
intzero said:
Folks:

This may be kinda dumb but what the hell :p

1. Can the Onkyo TX8011B drive a Sennheiser HD600 headphone? I think the answer is yes but can it drive it safely... like in terms of not damaging hearing or not damaging the headphone.

I recently got this as a gift and notice that it has headphone jack and don't want to buy a separate Headphone amplifier ;)

Any answers greatly appreciated.
It should work just fine. I have two headphone amps and to be honest, I can not tell much, if any difference difference between them and the headphone jack on my Onkyo DS 595. This is using a Senns HD580 which is the same as the HD600 but with cheaper grills and head piece to the best of my recolection.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis