ONKYO TX-SV525 Protect mode

P

pcsf53

Audiophyte
I have a onkyo tx-sv525 that has gone into protect mode because of a major volume increase. Did the high volume smoke anything or is there a quick easy way to reset the reciever?
When I turn it on it goes to protect mode immediately with or without any speakers connected.

Thanks for your help

PCS

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
pcsf53 said:
I have a onkyo tx-sv525 that has gone into protect mode because of a major volume increase. Did the high volume smoke anything or is there a quick easy way to reset the reciever?
When I turn it on it goes to protect mode immediately with or without any speakers connected.

Thanks for your help

PCS

Sounds like an internal short or perhaps a leftover strand externally still there but hard to see?

S

Skiguy

Enthusiast
My 595 did the same thing once when I was showing off the unit with the opening battle of "Gladiator". Did yours come on after cooling? Try unplugging the unit for 15 minutes and trying again. Check for lose spaeaker wire strands (I have since gone to using banana plugs).

If that does not work I have heard that some Receivers have internal breakers that need to be reset at the service centers. So you may have to send it out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis