Onkyo TX-NR901 On Screen Display Problems

I

icngacsn

Audiophyte
I just brought an Onkyo TX-NR901 and I am having problems making the On Screen Display work. I got the Net-Tune system working fine but I can't seem to make the OSD display the list of music available. For that matter I can't get the OSD to work at all except for Setup. I have it plugged into a Sharp Aquos 37" LCD via component. Any suggestions?

icngacsn

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Onkyo customer service

You will see a "monitor out" at the very top of the back of the receiver. There is only a yellow rca and s-video connection. Use one rca or s-video cable out from the receiver's "monitor out" to a video "in" on your Sharp. Now switch the Sharp to whatever "in" you connected the receiver to. That should work. You don't need component cables for the OSD. The OSD is in black and white. If you still have problems, call Onkyo directly.

The website is useless for online questions, and they don't offer an 800# to customer service. Mondays are the worst days to call - you'll be on hold forever. Hopefully they can help.

Onkyo USA Corporation
18 Park Way
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458
Tel: 201-785-2600
Fax: 201-785-2650

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Are you using the 901 to switch video from a progressive scan DVD player and/or HD cable/sat box? I don't know for sure but most likely the 901 is like the Denon 3805 and other mid-fi receivers in that they will not display the OSD when a component input is selected to the receiver. All signals will be carried by the component cables to the TV so there's no need to change that. Try changing the video input to CD or VCR if you are using them and see if the OSD is available.

And how do you like the Sharp 37"?

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Onkyo Cust Support

800 229 1687 is the number for their support.
I have the 900 If you could see an osd to set up your net tune then the rest should be there too. You have to be in net tune mode on the remote then the lower keys you will see different color comands that correspond to net tune features. You can search by genre or alphabetical etc. I use a s cable for my osd and use a seperate input on my display for it when using net tune. I thought the 901 had osd through component but am not sure. Good luck I like my net tune but the fidelity could be better, perhaps they will update some day to allow higher bit rate signal transfer.
Curt

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
howie85 said:
I thought the 901 had osd through component but am not sure.
I think it does also but if it's like the Denon's and Yamaha's the basic OSD information will not be visible when a component INPUT is selected if you are using the receiver for switching video.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis