G

gregl15

Enthusiast
Anyone know how good (or bad) the Onkyo SR-608 receiver is? Or any of the other Onkyos? Reviews on it looked good and has a lot of pretty sweet features on it... 7.2 channels, 1080p upscaling, THx certified, 6 HDMI ports, and more. Just have started looking at whats out there and want to get some input. If not this brand... any other suggestions for the $250-$400 range?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I have the older 606 in my office and the 707 in my bedroom and they make good receivers. I haven't tried its upscaling features because most modern TVs do a good job and I just have my receivers pass the signal to the TV unmolested.

If you live in the US and don't need 3D (HDMI 1.4) then you might want to consider last years factory refurbished TX-SR707 from Accessories For Less. I bought 2 or my 3 receivers from them.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Onkyo makes great receivers. My only complaint about the 608 is that it uses Audyssey 2EQ. I would check out the Denon 591/1611 which uses MultEQ. The Pioneer 1020 is also in your price range. I wouldn't go Yamaha until the 667 and up, HK's are too buggy, and Marantz are probably above your price range.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis