Onkyo receiver for Klipsch speakers

A

Aziz

Audiophyte
Hi everybody. This is my first post in this forum. I got a good deal for the following package of Klipsch speakers.
Rp-260f (2)
Rp-440c
Rp-150m (2)
R110sw
The system will be in a multi-purpose family room measuring 9m x9m x2.8m (27x27x3). The sitting area will be in about 30% of that space (5m x6m) with no separation.
2 questions:
1- the package does not have dedicated surrounds like rp-240s. Would the monitor speakers be good enough as surrounds or it will affect the listening experience
1- I have the choice of choosing a receiver, either onkyo tx-NRW646 that comes with the package or upgrade to the heavier and more powerful onkyo tx-zr800 and pay 520 USD extra. Or shall I expend the money on getting extra surround speakers.
Your comments and advices are welcomed

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Hey Aziz,

The surrounds are not crucial. Use whatever you have, and it'll be fine. You can always change your mind later if you wish. but I doubt you will.

Electronics don't matter much, but I would recommend getting a Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, or Pioneer if you can. Onkyo historically has some longevity issues, particularly with their HDMI boards. Pay for the features you want, but don't spend extra for higher watts. Most listening is done at less than a watt anyway. If the published sensitivity of your mains can be trusted, you won't need much power to drive them.

The weak link in your combo is the subwoofer. There's no way a 10" sub is going to pressurize an almost 8000 cubic foot space. Where do you live?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend OSP v1.3.3.

A

Aziz

Audiophyte
Thank you Rojo,
I'm living in Dubai, UAE. Your comments were helpful. As you can judge I'm not expert. I read and listened a lot in the last few day. However, this is not enough to build experience. I just knew that receivers that are heavier in weight and higher in voltage are the good ones and not the ones that are packed with features. I'll see what receivers I can get with this package and if I can upgrade the SW. Again thank you very much

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
That room could definitely use an 18" sub or two. How would you feel about a DIY project? Do you know anyone who can build a speaker cabinet? If you could order a driver and amplifier, then build or find someone to build the enclosure locally, you would end up with a sub that would outperform anything that would come in any package deal while saving a bunch on shipping.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend OSP v1.3.3.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis