Onkyo Integra Receiver

G

<font color='#000000'>Glad that there is a place like this to ask questions. &nbsp;Tell me what you think about Onkyo Integra receivers. &nbsp;I'm looking at the 8.3, 7.3, and the 8.2 (guess this one is a older model) &nbsp;Anyone with some info, please feel free to respond. &nbsp;And if you know where to obtain reviews on these receivers. &nbsp;Thanks, have a happy new year</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Hi,
I have been looking at these recievers as well. &nbsp;The dealer insist its what I buy, yet has yet to explain to me properly why the specs I am reading between the regular Onkyo line and Integra are identical. &nbsp;They didn't even mention the ethernet features of the unit, which in my mind are big selling points. &nbsp;When I came back after researching their recomendations, and asked about the network function I got &quot;oh yeah that will work with this&quot;.... fortunatley I figured out he was wrong and didn't leave the store with it. &nbsp;You need the separate server for another 2k....WOW

According to what I am reading online in the manual pdf file, the Onkyo TX-NR900 should be able to connect directly to my computer. &nbsp;Would you agree? &nbsp;

It's a shame these things are impossible to find online. &nbsp;I understand that some high-end mfgs like to protect their dealers with stores, and want us to be serviced properly and hear everything... but unfortunately where I live I don't have a dealer who can properly tell me about the equipment. &nbsp;It's a #### shame seeing that it is the primary line they are selling there!

From the reviews I read, and the information I have digested, they seem to be great units. &nbsp;Apparently the Itegra, though identical in specs, uses even higher quality parts. &nbsp;Something about the power rating being at full bandwidth, which I guess the standard Onkyo doesn't do that. &nbsp;I wish they would make this clearer, and just tell us why we want to buy em, and if they did it right, I would shell out the cash. &nbsp;If I go the Onkyo route, I will likely buy the NR900.

Thursday I am heading to a different dealer and checking out the Rotel AV Rec... It doesn't have some of the bells and whistles that the Onkyo has. &nbsp;However... I have read the same thing from many different sources.... &quot;the Rotel next to brands like Onkyo, Pioneer Elite, Marantz, Denon etc.. sounds the most like three seperate components.&quot; &nbsp;It too uses this full bandwidth rating that the Integra suposedly has. &nbsp;And if you are at all interested in looking fashionable, this thing is hot.

Here is a link to some reviews on the Onkyo stuff, check em out, and let me know how you go.
Ciao
Brent

http://www.audioreview.com/A-V+Rec....rx.aspx

</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis