Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
hey guys,

I've been reading up on a few speaker systems and although it is well known that onkyo makes a good reciever, maybe it is not so well known that their speakers seem to give you quite the bang for your buck. This system is rather large but im not really worried about it, my bedroom is actually big enough to handle anything I can throw at it so its not an issue. This setup is 6.1 which will hopefully utilize my yamaha htr5750 well. The price before shipping etc is 177 on these bad boys!! What a deal! Ill post the specs on them as well as a link to what I hope to have been a worthy review. Lemme know what you think PLEASE... the more feedback I get from you guys the more calmed my nerves are. The company also aoows me to purchase extended warranties up to an additional 4 years. Im not quite sure what onkyo's standard warranty is but im sure it cant be that bad. Any other systems that you could suggest that would compare or surpass this ones specs or reviews within a resonable price difference would also be greatly appreciated. Mostly I have heard people talking about paradigms which i already have on my othr system but I simply dont think im ready to drop 500+ on a 5.1 when this raved system is 177 for a 6.1 with just as much juice. PLEASE HELP :D

Full specs
Speaker System
Speaker Type Active subwoofer, passive satellites

System Components Subwoofer, 6 speakers

Output Features Bass Reflex

-3dB Frequency Response 30 - 35000 Hz

Detachable grilles Yes
Speaker System Details
Speakers Included 2 Right/left channel speaker 2-way 100 Watt 55 - 35000 Hz 8 Ohm Wired, 2 Right/left rear channel speaker 2-way 100 Watt 65 - 35000 Hz 8 Ohm Wired, 1 Center channel speaker 2-way 100 Watt 65 - 35000 Hz 8 Ohm Wired, 1 Rear center channel speaker 2-way 100 Watt 65 - 35000 Hz 8 Ohm Wired, 1 Active subwoofer 150 Watt 30 - 150 Hz 15 KOhm Wired
General
Dimensions (WxDxH) / Weight Right/left channel speaker . 7.4 in 9.3 in 6.5 in : 11.7 lbs, Right/left rear channel speaker . 6.9 in 4.9 in 10.4 in : 4 lbs, Center channel speaker . 15.2 in 8.5 in 6.2 in : 7.9 lbs, 6.9 in 4.9 in 10.4 in : 4 lbs, Active subwoofer . 4 in 16.2 in 20.4 in : 30 lbs

http://reviews.cnet.com/Onkyo_SKS_HT510/4505-6467_7-30422543.html?tag=more

Last edited by a moderator:
E

eg4life

Enthusiast
I dont want to worry you but I had an Onkyo system...it was the 5790 or sumthing. Anyway In under 3 months the reciever fried. I would highly recomend an extended warranty or another system. Try going slow by buying seperate components on sale. It will take longer but you'll have more room for expansion and better sound.

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
no reciever

typically the lower end recievers are what they put with their packages... im only buying a speaker packagehowever so i wont need to worry about the reciever.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I started out with these exact speakers. If you plan to listen to alot of music you will out grow them fast. For movies and television, IMO, you you can't beat them for under $300, maybe more. But yes they are surprisingly large.

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
music is covered

I already have ample power from my logitech 560s i got ages ago... they are simpy amazing speakers... plus 90% of the time im listening to music its through my sennheiser headphones which do a great job in all ranges so yeah... mainly i want the booming sound for dvds etc.... if itll make me feel like im in a twister or being chased my dinosaurs ... thats oooookay with me

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not sure if anything under $600 is going to completely rock your world but in the sub $500 price range I do recommend the Onkyos.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis