Onkyo 805 $699 Circuit City

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
64met

64met

Audioholic
Hey guys; pulled the trigger on this today from CC. ALSO... if U go to ebay there is a seller selling 10% off coupons for $1.44! I bought one/ then used it like a charm on the CC website. If someone cares to tell me how to send a link... I will gladly do so.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys; pulled the trigger on this today from CC. ALSO... if U go to ebay there is a seller selling 10% off coupons for $1.44! I bought one/ then used it like a charm on the CC website. If someone cares to tell me how to send a link... I will gladly do so.
WOW! What a great tip.;) Just copy the page from your browser, and paste it in a reply here.

64met

64met

Audioholic
By the time I figure this out; the coupons will be gone.... Just go to ebay.com; the seller is bluerose0675. Fast service, great deal. Let me know how it turns out.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
By the time I figure this out; the coupons will be gone.... Just go to ebay.com; the seller is bluerose0675. Fast service, great deal. Let me know how it turns out.
I found pleny of them. Great tip.;)

64met

64met

Audioholic
Cool; glad it worked out... Now if I can only learn how to post a link!

R

roshi

Audioholic
I just bought it from that seller. Does anybody know how long it will take him to send me the Code? I kind of want to pick the receiver up today...
Thanks!

R

roshi

Audioholic
Never mind, I got the code. But oh my gosh, while I was waiting for the code, the price for the 805 in my shopping card went back up to 899,-. So I called them and the guy on the phone still had 699. Man, that was close. Looks like I'm gonna go and pick it up in a little bit.

If you still want it, make sure you call them and let them know that the price changed today during the day. The guy said it shouldn't change within a day, only at midnight when they update their servers.

Have fun!

R

roshi

Audioholic
Yeah, it took about 15-20min. The problem was that during that time the price on the receiver changed. I was very close to cursing. But then I called and everything was fine.
Thanks again!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Never mind, I got the code. But oh my gosh, while I was waiting for the code, the price for the 805 in my shopping card went back up to 899,-. So I called them and the guy on the phone still had 699.
Good for you! This isn't the first time that they've had morning sales. They had the 805 for $699 (minus a 10% code on the website) on November 4 - but only in the morning. It went back up in the afternoon. I'm glad that the salesman is willing to give you the lower price.

AUtiger

AUtiger

Junior Audioholic
Well I looked online and called the store and the price was $899 so I guess I missed out.:mad:

MikeMcM1956

MikeMcM1956

Enthusiast
Onkyo 805 From 6ave?

One of the threads in this area had some posts by Scott from 6ave saying he would match the CC price, but I can't find the posts any more. Did the mods delete them? If anyone has the member info for Scott, please PM me, email mrmcmonagle@hotmail.com or post it here. TIA for any help....

Mike

Last edited:
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Scott's extension 8632 at 6ave.

Also be checking Onkyo's store. They sell refurbs with full warranties in the $600 range.

MikeMcM1956

MikeMcM1956

Enthusiast
Another member gave me his contact info via PM, but thanks to Buckeye anyway. Got in touch with him, still the same deal if you mention the forum post. Hmmm, how is this going so far?

- New HD-DVD player for birthday, 51" HDTV didn't seem big enough for such detail
- New 65" DLP for Xmas, realized current sub wasn't worthy of HD-DVD for good HT sound
- New VF-3 MkII sub from Hsu Research, revealed current Sony receiver is totally inadequate for driving other speakers to keep up
- New Onkyo SR805 now on order, pretty sure this will get hooked up and make me start looking at the quality of my current fronts and rears

Hello, my name is Mike, and I'm an Audioholic:eek:....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis